Ive had this prob. ever since i got my wii is it normall

VashTheStampede

Bomb pro.
Dec 24, 2006
Australia
Ok,You might aswell get sum hot cocoa cus this is a doozy.

So i have a wireless motarola about 20 metres away from my wii, when i search for an access point it picks up my motorola's signal but is red (poor connection).
So then, of course, i select it and conducts a connection test.
This is when things get a little hairy, somtimes it is sussesfull and sumtimes it has an error code. when its sussesfull i continue onward and save the conection. i then leave the settings and go to the internet (note that wii online 24 in on) but when i get to the net home page and go to eg. google it says "no connection found" then after refreshing a couple of times it says "you now have a succesful internet connection", and from then on it works fine.

If u need more info just ask.

SO WHY THE H*LL IS MY CONNECTION SO BLOODY DODGEY?
Is it the distance to the motorola?
Is it the Motorola?
(which is a SURFboard SBG900 by the way)

Any way if any1 could please help me with this prob. i wil be 4eva thankfull
If u cant solve it than thanx 4 readin this far any way.

-Vash

wireless connection are never always on you can have the best internet connection in the world and have the box next to the wii and it will still cut out so dont worry but it does help to have the wireless motarola near your wii also if you have a cordless phone that could also mess up the connection the best thing to do is to buy the wii lan connecter which plugs in the usb in the back and you plug your lan wire in it and you will always have a good connection

i hope that helped if it did rep me

If the Wii is already reporting that the signal is weak then this is why you're having a problem. Try moving the motorola modem up a bit higher or make sure there is less in the way between it and the Wii.

Wireless networking should be reliable. The biggest issue is 2.4Ghz cordless phones. My cordless phone will knock my laptop off the network everytime someone answers it. You can adjust for this by changing channels on the router but using a cordless phone that operates on a different frequency is a better bet.

I had this problem but with a good connection. All i did was configure my router to channel 11 and everything worked fine

Back