ive never played a metroid game

I think you should be just fine with Metroid 3, but I would suggest that you play the first two to learn the background to the series.

Go ahead straight to Metroid Prime 3, I wasn't a fan of the side scroller series and the only prime game I played with the first (I can't stand the game cube controller.) so I jumped into Prime 3 with almost no metroid knowledge and I loved the game. The plot never confused me.

I do recommend watching the gametrailers.com metroid retrospective it will fill you in not only on what you missed in the first two primes but who exactly this Samus person is, and where she's been and where's she's going.

My girlfriend likes tennis, Tiger Woods 08 and Zelda. She's pretty good at tennis and acceptable in the other two. When she looks at MP3 she thinks it's too hard for her and it does appear daunting at first. If, on the other hand, you've played and liked games like resident evil 4 then get it without question.

Anyone who has had a lot of PC FPS experience will take to this game no problem. The great thing about it is that I never liked FPS games on consoles because the mouse and keyboard is so much better than the typical console controller. Wii has of coursed changed all of that. The Wiimote is so natural felling that I really love it. Not perfect by getting there.

Hey, don't worry, Bud! The only other metroid game I played was Metroid Fusion.. I beat that one, but that was the ONLY one I played all the way--- hell.. even PLAYED.

I play Metroid Prime 3 today, and the plot isn't confusing to me. :)

Back