Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicboom7 said:
Its ok....just feels like im gonna be in prison for a while. I just got my uniform today. Orange polo shirt...

wow this is such BS

first off they DONT send you ur uniform, u get it the day u arrive and second u wouldnt get 4 yrs for illegal downloading...first time caught would be a fine....nice try buddy

I have to agree with Bliss on this one.. Four years in prison for downloading illegal music doesn't make any sense to me. Just for comparison, if you were to shoplift $500.00 + worth of goods you would most likely have to pay for the stolen goods and spend at least one month or so in jail depending on what the judge felt was an appropriate time.

mushroomedmario said:
arn't there different laws/systems for each state....

i was thinking that he was lying but what reason would he have for it...?

there are different laws for each state, BUT this is a federal matter, Downloading songs off the internet or anything illegal would deal with federal NOT state. So the same law goes for all.

oh....ok

Mitch2025 said:
follow the rules and be on good behavior. that way you will most likely get a chance to get out early. my run in with Universal Studios helped teach me. lucky me they didnt sue (however i was only caught downloading a TV show that is no longer aired and isnt out on DVD or anything like that)

how'd you get caught?

From what I understand this user is lying. After doing some research, thanks google, the most a person has been fined was 220,000 for sharing songs through kazaa. However that said person never served jail time. Also other reports/sites have mentioned that nobody has yet yo serve jail time for downloading music illegally. With that being said I find this all to be a silly hoax because someone got bored.

Syntax said:
From what I understand this user is lying. After doing some research, thanks google, the most a person has been fined was 220,000 for sharing songs through kazaa. However that said person never served jail time. Also other reports/sites have mentioned that nobody has yet yo serve jail time for downloading music illegally. With that being said I find this all to be a silly hoax because someone got bored.

took the words right out of my mouth..lol..except i searched on yahoo..:lol:

mushroomedmario said:
how'd you get caught?
dont know really. im guessing they got my IP from the torrent and contacted my ISP to get my address and then sent a letter to me (after getting my internet shut off for 15 days) saying that i was caught downloading a TV show that was owned by them. all they required was me sending a letter stating i deleted the show from my PC.

EDIT: here is the thread with more info if you want:
http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/1481-internet-suspended-piracy-related.html

dont be the prison snitch, they always get killed accoarding to movies......

but on a serious not, im not to good with stuff like this....my only suggestion is follow rules in prison, you may gat out early for "good behaviour"

Seeing as the thread creator was most likely lying I see no point in keeping this thread open. If you have any questions and or concerns regarding as to why this thread was closed feel free to send me a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back