January Wii/PS3/360 Sales

PS2 was great and all but I don't see why they still sell so well. :confused:

Wii is great and 360 is great. I own both and I'm happy as a pig in... well, you know.:D

I think Guitar Hero 2 has definitely been boosting the sale of the PS2. I mean even I have considered getting a PS2 just for that game.

prstud88 said:
I think Guitar Hero 2 has definitely been boosting the sale of the PS2. I mean even I have considered getting a PS2 just for that game.

YA i was going to do that but i just go over to my friends house to play:lol:

Thats funny! I have noticed when I go to the store they have more PS3's in stock then any other system. Way to go Sony, keep up the good work!

lee.jarratt said:
i think its safe to say, wii is king

I think you are missing the point. Sure, Wii is outselling the other consoles, BUT, we are talking about Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft here. They are the competetors on the large scale, and their systems are competing on a much smaller scale. Having that said, as you can see from the numbers. Sony is selling 542000 units (PS2 and PS3) and Nintendo is probably selling somewhere between 535000 and 585,000. So, if you think of things this way, Sony is still neck and neck with nintendo and microsoft, whether the PS3 isnt selling well or not.

Well the Wii probably only did better than the PS3 because there is alot more Wii's than PS3's available and it did better than the 360 because the 360 has been out for a while and the hype has died down alot. If were all released at the same time and the number of consoles available wasn't limited the wii would probably be in last or the middle. Playstation and Xbox are just more popular than Nintendo.

Honestly I'm not that impressed...
360 has been out for awhile, the hype has died
PS3 is a failure, why is anyone comparing
PS2 is years old and is selling almost as much as the Wii by 1 game

*Agree*

This doesnt prove much for nintendo. If anything, we should be congratulating sony on the continued success of the ps2, not the success of the wii (which under circumstances is not very impressive)

Actually, if you keep score w/ $$$ rather than units, PS3 sold between $121,777,000 ($500/unit) and $146,132,400 ($600/unit) while Nintendo sold $108,875,750 ($250/unit).

None of this really means anything though, since these consoles have only been around for 3 months.

Scuba Steve said:
Actually, if you keep score w/ $$$ rather than units, PS3 sold between $121,777,000 ($500/unit) and $146,132,400 ($600/unit) while Nintendo sold $108,875,750 ($250/unit).

None of this really means anything though, since these consoles have only been around for 3 months.

Yes but Sony loses money on every console they sale. Nintendo actually makes a profit off the Wii.

Back