Jap. and Euro. Getting Some Cool Games In Oct. - Nov.

Zackh321

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2007
First off, next tuesday (October 30), Japan will get:

NES: Hanjuku Hero
N64: Yoshi's Story
MD: Target Earth

Then in November, the Japanese will get:

NES:
-Ganbare Goemon
-Balloon Fight
-Ghosts 'n Goblins
-Nuts & Milk
-King's Knight

SNES:
-Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack)

N64:
Nothing

MD:
-Ecco Jr.
-Light Crusader
-Eternal Champions

TG:
-The Dynastic Hero (CD)
-Dragon Spirit
-A-Train 3 (CD)
-Kawa no Nushi Tsuri Shizenha (CD)
-Gradius II (CD, delayed from October)

Neo Geo:
-The King of Fighters '94
-Baseball Stars 2
-Top Hunter

http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/186/japanese-virtual-console-list-november-2007.php

Europe is getting Magician Lord, Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly...and Yoshi's Story.

http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/185/eu-vc-update-26th-october-magician-lord.php

Not a looker among 'em. Well, Eternal Champions might be alright. And we already have Dynastic Hero (see Wonder Boy in Monster World), what's the point in releasing it again?

Napalmbrain said:
Not a looker among 'em. Well, Eternal Champions might be alright. And we already have Dynastic Hero (see Wonder Boy in Monster World), what's the point in releasing it again?

There are some games on that list I've definitely wanted to check out along with some favorites of mine.

Baseball Stars 2 - loved this in the arcade

Ghosts 'n Goblins - used to play this on the NES all the time. One of my favorite NES games.

Tetris Attack - One of the best puzzle games ever made IMO

I definitely want to check these out since I've heard so much about them:
Magician Lord
Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly
Light Crusader

Anyway, Dynastic Hero has a few cosmetic differences. It's also one of the hardest games to find on the system.

I also want to point out that we have the first release of a Squaresoft game on this list with King's Knight. Too bad I never cared much for it.

Last edited:
Napalmbrain said:
Out of all the games Square could have chosen for their first VC release, that's the one they pick? :(

3-D World Runner will probably be the next one :lol: If you like Space Harrier that's actually pretty decent. For its time I thought it looked pretty cool for an NES game.

Tetris Attack! The game owns! ... Yeah that's a weak list. They better give us some good stuff for X-mas. Chrono Trigger, Blackthorne, DejaVu, anything that got a high game score back in the day. Please no more Lunar Pool type games!

Japan got Ys I&II already but it's vanished from the upcoming US lists... hopefully they decided to do some retranslating for a US release, if just to make names mesh up properly(fixing "Colin" back to "Dogi", etc).

Napalmbrain said:

Eternal Champions was ok on the Genesis/Megadrive. The finishing moves were pretty cool as you could throw people into bonfires and stuff.

But there was an amazing version of Eternal Champions released for the SegaCD/MegaCD. How about releasing that version onto the VC Sega? (He asks in vain).

Croyzers said:
Eternal Champions was ok on the Genesis/Megadrive. The finishing moves were pretty cool as you could throw people into bonfires and stuff.

But there was an amazing version of Eternal Champions released for the SegaCD/MegaCD. How about releasing that version onto the VC Sega? (He asks in vain).

Who knows? Hudson are starting to put TG-CD games on there, maybe Sega will do the same for the Mega CD. I would consider the CD version of Eternal Champions, it sounds like a good game (and I just have to see the "cinekills" that got it an M-rating :D).

domientius said:
Japan got Ys I&II already but it's vanished from the upcoming US lists... hopefully they decided to do some retranslating for a US release, if just to make names mesh up properly(fixing "Colin" back to "Dogi", etc).

It is on the upcoming list for PAL, and I can't imagine why it wouldn't come to America as well. Hudson mentioned we'd get around 5 TG-CD games by the end of the year, so the prospects are looking up. :)

Don't count on a retranslation though.

Last edited:
Back