# New Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle WiiWare title; will cost 1,500 Wii Points

# DS Demo Station Channel on the way

# WiiFit available December 1st, 8800 Yen

# Mario Kart Wii w/wheel attachment available Spring 2008; features motorcycles

# SONIC CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL; can transform into Super Sonic

# Brawl will feature online co-op in some form

# Brawl delayed [in Japan]; new release date January 24, 2008

# Monster Hunter 3 confirmed for Wii

# Check Mii Out Channel coming in November (for Japan as of now)

EDIT: Been quite some time since I've posted here lol.

Last edited:
RedProdigy said:
# Brawl delayed [in Japan]; new release date January 24, 2008
If this turns out the same in the States and Europe then there could be rioting.

A lot of game delays here lately, I figure if developers can't seem to meet them then no point in setting them.

i posted in the other thread about the conference, but this one seems more thorough. What is the DS Demo Station Channel? I can only hope that it is a demo channel, but people before were saying the wii isnt powerful enough to have a demo channel!?

This means GBA(DS Demo Station) on VC is possible, that console keeps getting more BC than anyone thought possible! In sheer library size Nintendo will now have the largest ever made... eventually.

If they add Cloud or another Square character to Brawl, this would finalize the game as perfect. It looks like Nintendo is finally taking online gaming serious, a day I waited 8 years for. I don't need a hard core MMO, just a few really fun games is all I ever wanted. AKA Star Craft 2.

There's a couple new things there, but it all seems to be rehashed or updated info on products we already knew were coming out. *shrug*

That DS Station rather sounds like you can Download DS game demos and play them on your NDS somehow. I'd love to see a Wii Game Demo channel, though.

Conference play-by-play for those who wanna see everything

15:20: Miyamoto leaves the stage, and the presentation comes to an end. And with that, so too does this experimental 2nd hand blog. Thanks to some dude at Ge-maga for all the live updates!

15:16: The Wii Fit presentation continues. The two guests leave, giving Miyamoto a chance to speak about Wii Fit's logging functions. He shows how the game graphs your BMI, weight and "balance age."

15:10: Now they're all hoola-hooping!

15:03: They're still doing yoga. I'm going to correct my spelling.

14:59: A ski jumping mini game presentation. Then, everyone tries out yoga.

14:46: Morisue has a BMI of 26.68. Aizawa is 18.84 -- she is a model, after all! Miyamoto is serving as health commentator as the balance board is used on stage for a variety of health tests.

14:41: The Wii Fit presentation has started. Uh-oh! The guy who's blogging at Ge-maga says that it's going to be difficult to do live commentary on this part!

14:37: For the Wii Fit presentation, Miyamoto calls out talent Shinji Morisue and model Sayo Aizawa. Check out Aizawa's Be Happy blog while waiting for more updates.

14:34: Miyamoto jokes, "I've become a bit slim, haven't I? It's because I'm enjoying developing Wii Fit."

14:30: Iwata's part of the presentation comes to a close. He switches over to Shigeru Miyamoto for a presentation about the Wii.

14:30: Monster Hunter 3 will be released for the Wii!

This is quite big because the game was originally announced for the PS3. It's also one of Japan's biggest series, with the past two PSP games having both sold over a million units.

14:24: Smash Bros. has been delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008.

Nintendo shows a new trailer. Sonic is going to be a playable character! The trailer shows him transforming into Super Sonic.

The game will include online fights. In addition, it will have online cooperative play of some form.

14:22: Mario Kart Wii will include a steering wheel controller. The game will also include motorcycles! A release is set for Spring 2008.

14:20: Wii Fit will be released on 12/1. It will cost 8,800 yen.

14:10: Nintendo will put more emphasis on the Wii Vote channel in the future. You'll be able to put rankings for games that you've played and search for games that fit your liking.

Nintendo will also begin a service similar to the DS Station retail service. You'll be able to download demos from your home.

14:08: The Wii Ware service will get more than just mini games and puzzle games. Square Enix will release Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the service. It will be be subtitled The Young King and the Promised Land and will be exclusively available for Wii Ware. In the game, you build your own country. Service will begin in March (in Japan).

14:06: Nintendo has announced Pokemon Bokujou, which translates to the English Pokemon Farm. With this Wii Ware title, you can transfer your Pokemon from Pearl and Diamond to the Wii, then raise them in a farm-like environment.

Other Wii Ware software shown includes Star Soldier R, Mojipittan Wii (this is a Bandai Namco word puzzle game that's a big hit on the PSP and DS) and Doctor Mario.

14:05: Software for Wii Ware will be released at a low price. There will be no problems with stock, so there will be no missed opportunities for sales. The competition of ideas will be important.

14:04: Virtual Console has reached 7.8 million downloads. Next, Nintendo will introduce Wii Ware, which consists of new game downloads.

14:00: From here on, Nintendo is hoping to increase Wii internet usage. They will open up a counseling center for connecting to the net from the Wii. They will offer support for setting up the internet at homes, and will also offer equipment.

13:57: Following the release of the DS and the Wii, the next step is to continue increasing the gamer population.

13:56: For each household, the DS has 3.0 users, the Wii has 3.5 users. DS has a 53% female user base. Wii has a 51% female user base.

13:54: In 2005, the DS had three million owners with a user base similar to the GBA. In 2007, it's expanded to 18 million owners, with a wide range going from adults to children.

13:53: Nintendo apparently ran a survey of 3000 people in Tokyo and Osaka. In 2005, the GBA had a large presence with many teenage owners.

13:50: "In Japan, Nintendo has 50% of the DS software market this year. From here on out, the share should shift to other software markers."

13:46: "The first step was the DS. As the second step, we offered the Wii."

13:46: "The Wii is being accepted even overseas by a previously unheard of wide ranging audience."

13:45: Nintendo prez Satoru Iwata takes the stage and begins his usual talk about the game market place. "Expanding the Gamer Population is our Basic Strategy"

13:44: The MC takes the stage. It's none other than Miho Nakai. I guess she's pretty hot, if you're into 40-year-olds.

13:40: Next, Wii trailer clips. Mario Kart Wii, Famicom Wars Wii, Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Wii Music and other games. Wait... one of those is new...

13:37: First, quick trailer clips of DS games set for the end of the year. Each title gets five seconds. Footage of Fire Emblem DS and Dragon Quest IX shown.

Silly Ge-maga... we all know DQIX isn't due out until some time in 2008.

13:35: The conference begins

Some of those updates sound very cool, especially the news about original WiiWare titles and the DS Demo Channel. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Back