Japanese games on U.S. Wiis

luis91091

WiiChat Member
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, Tx
Well yesterday my cousin took me to this asian store and they had this japanese game, i asked the guy tht worked there if i could play it on my wii, and all tht i understood out of all he said was no.
I was wondering if any of yall knew of a way to play japanese games on a Wii that was obught in the U.S.
thanks

ModChip i believe is the only way to do it right now...its a matter of region codes...you could buy a japanese wii and play it that way or just just to install a mod chip in the one you already have

oh alright, is the modchip something that you just hook up to the wii, or what else do i need to make japanese games work?

oh alright, thanks a lot
my cousin told me something bout this, and i didnt want to mess up my wii up so i said no but ive searched about it and i guess ill buy one
thanks

i would recommend a wiikey over all the others.

i installed it myself, but if you have no experience soldering, i would let someone who does install it for you

I could do it, but remember, you will go warrantyless, I would do it to my own Wii if that wasn't the case, I might get one that somebody sells secondhand for a real real low price

oh ok, i might not do it anymore haha, thanks for tht bit of info, ill just wait for the games to come out here
thanks a lot

yeah you could trash your wii, if you arent careful with what you are doing once its open. and like others have said, as soon as you open it, your warranty goes out the window :hand:

naughty naughty

Back