Japanese Wii console HELP!!!

leeszer

WiiChat Member
Feb 14, 2007
I have for my sins got hold of a japanese wii and have a couple of questions to ask...
Can I play US ntsc games on it?

Also one major problem I have is the menu is in Japanese and although I can just about work out what button does what it's doing my head in.

Does anyone know if there is a way of changing it to english either by Hack or by some other form.:mad2:

Please help a stupid geeza resole his problems....

Cheers,
Leeszer:thumbsup:

sorry bubba/..

leeszer said:
I have for my sins got hold of a japanese wii and have a couple of questions to ask...

Also one major problem I have is the menu is in Japanese and although I can just about work out what button does what it's doing my head in.

Does anyone know if there is a way of changing it to english either by Hack or by some other form.:mad2:

Cheers,

sorry buddy you can't switch those to english, and as for the games you can only play jap games. the website you can buy these at are http://www.play-asia.com :) I have a modded US version so I can play your games :)

im not sure if you could put a mod chip in there... if you want to ask i have a number where i got mine modded, sori for dp.

leeszer said:

Cheers,
Assuming you live in North America, why would you buy a Japanese Wii?

Thanks UNGGOY,

I have on order also a cyclowiz chip so maybe that will help...
Maybe I should just sell this one on again to somone in japan.

As for you smuPoker if you have nothing useful to say then shut up!!!:prrr:

What a retard....Its people like yall who need to shut up. And I hope you both get caught and sent to prison.

Just to explain...

The only reason I got nthe JAP console is that in the UK there is just about no stock at all and if you do manage to find one you have to pay around £100 extra for them.
I got the JAP one quite cheap and now I'm starting to realise why...

Why the hell do nintendo have to be such a pain in the arse region locking there consoles.

Sorry didnt me to upset everyone this is just getting me down.

Thanks

Leeszer:crazy:

MasterJedi2U said:
What a retard....Its people like yall who need to shut up. And I hope you both get caught and sent to prison.

yea you hope, even if they did catch me i have nothing to hide.. :) so don't worry...

Hi Leeszer,
I'm in the same case as you, I don't speak Japanese but have a Japanese Wii (in my case that's because here in Korea, it's the only one available...).

First advice :
Download the manual in english from the address below, it will help you set-up your Wii (bottom right of the page). Looking at the page/menu configuration in english helps a great deal as the windows and channels are at the same place in jap and us versions :
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/
Also check this thread and feel free to post in it !

Oh, and the games I got are all japanese games in Japanese (see my sig) but they're playable easily even if you don't speak Japanese...
And yes, I agree with ungoy, playasia's the best place to buy jap games.

Also, wait a bit for asian releases (HK, TW,...), the games are likely to be in english but compatible with your Wii. As far as I know, the chips will allow you to play games from other regions but I don't think they will change the Wii's interface langague.
Gdluck with your Japanese Wii, and make sure you get all the japan exclusive games !! :p

leeszer said:
Thanks UNGGOY,

I have on order also a cyclowiz chip so maybe that will help...
Maybe I should just sell this one on again to somone in japan.

As for you smuPoker if you have nothing useful to say then shut up!!!:prrr:
..l.,

Has anyone else tried to connect their Jap Wii to the Internet via WiFi outside of Japan?

I currently live in Hong Kong and does not read Japanese.

I believe I had entered my Network Name (aka. SSID) for my WLAN. I entered the WPA2 password for my WLAN. I entered the Wii's MAC address into my wireless router, but I am not able to connect.

Does the WLAN channel have to be on Channel 1? Currently my WLAN is on channel 12 to avoid interference with other WiFi networks near me.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

vinko said:
Has anyone else tried to connect their Jap Wii to the Internet via WiFi outside of Japan?

I currently live in Hong Kong and does not read Japanese.

I believe I had entered my Network Name (aka. SSID) for my WLAN. I entered the WPA2 password for my WLAN. I entered the Wii's MAC address into my wireless router, but I am not able to connect.

Does the WLAN channel have to be on Channel 1? Currently my WLAN is on channel 12 to avoid interference with other WiFi networks near me.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

I've tried. I tried everything but even with no security and very basic settings it just doesnt want to work. (I'm in South Korea btw).
When I check the router log, I can see that it actually gets an IP and tries to connect to a strange address shown as: "coet" and sometimes "coaaaaaa". These obviously dont exist, so it fails.
My router is a Linksys WRT54GC v2, just so you know.

Dear AlexDP,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I too have tried to configure my router (Apple's "AirPort Extreme Base Station") to have no encryption, channels 1 and 11, broadcast of the Network Name (aka. "SSID"), but still with no success.

My Japanese Wii does indeed have a mod chip (IC) installed.

Back