Jeeze, someone got shot at a Launch lineup.

Santoanderson

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2006
Click for the story

I'm so glad I used debit, and for another thing, I'm so glad the Wii doesn't cost 600 dollars.

And one funny part:
In West Bend, Wis., a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

PS3 - 600 dollars
EXTRA CONTROLLER - 50 dollars
HAVING TO BREATH THROUGH A STRAW FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE - Priceless.

I can't wait for people to start pulling out the paintball guns...

REad this on MSN already...terrible a pack of idiots. A kid got killed out here after the 360 launch so yeah I expected it to happen. Dont worry I look like a thug...and I can carry a concealed weapon...the joys of being in law enforcement....it aint gonna happen where Im at.LOL I will carry cash, and have my debit.And a PPK to boot.

Getting gaming consoles is dangerous...that's why I'm wearing a bullet proof vest.

Yeesh, I almost totally forgot about the PS3 launch yesterday, until I walked into my local Target and saw about 10 people already camped outside. They had portable heaters, TVs, a PS2 and an XBOX. They were severely bundled up with extra blankets, beanie caps, and jackets. The funny thing is, it was like 63 outside, not extremely cold. I was wearing a wind-breaker and doing fine and these morons are dressed for the Apocalypse. Anyway, that got me wondering, they brought all this crap along, and if I remember correctly, once the big box stores open the doors it's a mad sprint to the entertainment section. What happens while these spazzes are running their butts off to beat the competition, if somebody just cruises by, loads all their crap into the back of their pickup, and makes off with it?
I talked with my gamestop rep yesterday, and I asked him if he was excited for the PS3 launch (he was wearing a Wii beanie at the time). He just kind of rolled his eyes, and began to do his impression of a PS3 fanboy (or uninformed soccer mom) calling in on the morning of Launch day.
Hi, how many Playstation 3s do you have left?
We sold out three weeks ago, BYE!
He was seriously considering just taping an automated voicemail message saying : "Hello this is gamestop. If you have questions pertaining to the Sony Playstation 3, press 9.... I'm sorry, due to overwhelming demand and manufacturer shortages we don't expect to be receiving any playstation 3's until 2007." And to tell you the truth I bet of the hundred to two hundred phone calls received today, only 20-30 would NOT be pertinent to the PS3. I'd do the recording.

Yes, let's put the blame on the Ps3 and not the degenerate crack heads that commited the actions.

I know we cant really STOP this from happening but it'd look better if Nintendo fans carried themselves a little better. Obviously that might have just been some ebay jockey tryin to get one but SHEESH!!! If i had to shoot or kill someone's family to get a Wii i'll just play my PS2 or sleep all day or something.

I WILL NOT have my wii taken! hmmm... mabye a pocket knife?
what should I bring... If only I could take a nice shiny handgun...

This is why the crazy people in Washington D.C. think video games lead to violence. Because one or two people act stupid and put blame on the MILLIONS of people that play video games and don't do anything. But anyway here's a funny PS3 fanboy comic. Ctrl+Alt+Del Read the news post there too, it talks about a lot of the stuff that happened

see this is the true sign of a downfall, many people should boycott sony till they get there **** together and not advertise something they cant deliver, without someone being brutaly mistreated

ocdan said:
see this is the true sign of a downfall, many people should boycott sony till they get there **** together and not advertise something they cant deliver, without someone being brutaly mistreated

well....yes i agree that maybe they could've waited another week or two
no...you cant blame sony. that guy probably wasnt even gonna play it but some sorry a$$ street thug tryina make some crack money on Ebay.:sick:

Back