John Woo Presents: Stranglehold

demo is cool and fun, but i dont know how long that formula can stay fun (building over mans head, shoot, kills him then rolls and kills another 2) and so on. BIOSHOCK FTW.

I've played the Demo on my brother's Xbox360 yesterday and I didn't really like it that much. I simply can't get control of... the controls xD I'm a PC Gamer in the first place so it's kinda hard for me to control the view with an analog stick. Whilest playing I've found my self several times looking up the sky and turning circles...
But that's not the main reason why I didn't like it so much... The animations felt a bit awkward, where ever i went, Tequila was running unrealisticly fast and slid over everything that came into his way. And all the crates didn't seem to have any weight at all, Tequila ran through them like it was only air, but still everywhere flew Melons around and the crates broke and what not. Looks cool, but feels awkward IMO. The surrounding sequence thingys where a bit weird, too... It just felt like a minigame without any real sense. And I can't believe that a man can move THAT f*cking fast. He moved from one side to the other faster and farther than the bullets flew in the same time o_O
Graphics are very nice, I expected them to be a bit sharper, though.

I'll wait for reviews... until then, I'll stick with Max Payne 2

edit: did I mention the German dub sucks balls? xD

Secumfex said:
I've played the Demo on my brother's Xbox360 yesterday and I didn't really like it that much. I simply can't get control of... the controls xD I'm a PC Gamer in the first place so it's kinda hard for me to control the view with an analog stick. Whilest playing I've found my self several times looking up the sky and turning circles...
But that's not the main reason why I didn't like it so much... The animations felt a bit awkward, where ever i went, Tequila was running unrealisticly fast and slid over everything that came into his way. And all the crates didn't seem to have any weight at all, Tequila ran through them like it was only air, but still everywhere flew Melons around and the crates broke and what not. Looks cool, but feels awkward IMO. The surrounding sequence thingys where a bit weird, too... It just felt like a minigame without any real sense. And I can't believe that a man can move THAT f*cking fast. He moved from one side to the other faster and farther than the bullets flew in the same time o_O
Graphics are very nice, I expected them to be a bit sharper, though.

I'll wait for reviews... until then, I'll stick with Max Payne 2

edit: did I mention the German dub sucks balls? xD
this is a horrible game to come from the pc onto. the aiming is made to suck to encourage you to use tequila time.

i didnt think the aiming was bad at all. but ok. and im thinking this game is gonna bore me rather quickly. fortunatley, alot of my friends are getting it, and its online!

JCpackers05 said:
i didnt think the aiming was bad at all. but ok. and im thinking this game is gonna bore me rather quickly. fortunatley, alot of my friends are getting it, and its online!
Something tells me that the online on this game will suck ass. Because this game would be **** without bullet time, and I'm not sure how bullet time would work in online.

Seems to have more replay value than the Bioshock demo anyway.

Jay61 said:
Seems to have more replay value than the Bioshock demo anyway.
theres probably plenty of things you havent done/obtained in the bioshock demo. stranglehold demo i did play a couple times, but once you learn what to do its boring (like what things can be broken to fall on guys)
in the bioshock demo there are armor pericing pistol rounds, 2 tapes, you can get drunk, you can listen to the conversation the man and the woman have or the creepy old woman talking to herself, if you listen to one of the tapes carefully you can find out a major game detail also.

Sovieto said:
in the bioshock demo there are armor pericing pistol rounds, 2 tapes, you can get drunk, you can listen to the conversation the man and the woman have or the creepy old woman talking to herself, if you listen to one of the tapes carefully you can find out a major game detail also.
Yeah I've done all of them in the first and second time around...you missed out listening to the ghost also. Its a great game and all, I just don't think I'll be interested enough to replay much...

Also is it just me that the game screams Condemned to? The AI and combat seem identical, apart from the lack of blocking which could have helped to improve melee combat in my opinion.

Strangehold I can dive around like a crazy person while poping headshots in slow motion. The huge fire fights in the hardest mode really are a challenge.

Sovieto said:
theres probably plenty of things you havent done/obtained in the bioshock demo. stranglehold demo i did play a couple times, but once you learn what to do its boring (like what things can be broken to fall on guys)

:yikes:

i gotta go back and hit this up!

i'm extremely careful with how often i play through demos these days cause i burn myself out on the theme of the game. i did that with DiRT.

but man, i gotta spend some more time with this one before i pick it up tomorrow.

it's epic especially when you surf on the cart and when you zoom in and hit them in the face (which btw looks nasty lol) or dive round corners in tequila time

Oliver_18 said:
it's epic especially when you surf on the cart and when you zoom in and hit them in the face (which btw looks nasty lol) or dive round corners in tequila time
its not epic, cool, not epic. i dislike the fact that people are using epic all the time for something that is just mildly cool. something thats epic is like: Luke, I am your father. whatever, but that "epic" thing can only be cool for so long..

Back