Joytech vs Nyko

gahaeww

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2008
I'm about to buy a wiimote recharging dock, and I'm just a bit curious as to which seems to be the better buy. Does anyone have any opinions / preferences? Thanks. And yes, I don't really feel like buying my own rechargeable batteries.

Read about my awesome rechargeable battery solution.:yesnod:

After Shipping: 2 batteries cost $16 / 4 batteries cost $30

These batteries. Here is what makes this rechargeable battery solution 10 times better than CHARGING STATIONS:
  • Pros:
    • Cheapest!
    • Less bulk and clutter!
      • i.e. no charging station, disassembled Remotes or loose batteries.
    • Batteries will always be charged
      • no one has the chore of disassembling each Remote
      • no one has the chore of removing the Jackets so the Remotesfit into a Charging Station
    • Remote Jacket NEVER needs removed.
      • I cut a small hole on the Jacket for the charging cable to poke through.
    • NO AC ADAPTER... batteries get power from Wii's USB ports even when the Wii is in standby mode.
      • Have you read that 3rd party charging stations have ruined Remotes? It won't happen with USB-powered charging solutions because the there is no high powered AC adapter to contribute to over-voltage
  • Cons:
    • I have found no cons... REALLY!
nintendo-wii-battery-1719.jpg

idjut said:
Read about my awesome rechargeable battery solution.:yesnod:

After Shipping: 2 batteries cost $16 / 4 batteries cost $30

These batteries. Here is what makes this rechargeable battery solution 10 times better than CHARGING STATIONS:
  • Pros:
    • Cheapest!
    • Less bulk and clutter!
      • i.e. no charging station, disassembled Remotes or loose batteries.
    • Batteries will always be charged
      • no one has the chore of disassembling each Remote
      • no one has the chore of removing the Jackets so the Remotesfit into a Charging Station
    • Remote Jacket NEVER needs removed.
      • I cut a small hole on the Jacket for the charging cable to poke through.
    • NO AC ADAPTER... batteries get power from Wii's USB ports even when the Wii is in standby mode.
      • Have you read that 3rd party charging stations have ruined Remotes? It won't happen with USB-powered charging solutions because the there is no high powered AC adapter to contribute to over-voltage
  • Cons:
    • I have found no cons... REALLY!
nintendo-wii-battery-1719.jpg
yes but the nyko is 30 dollars and also provide a good gripping back for the wii mote.

my post has link to order online :)...
you won't find in stores because the markup is so low :yesnod:

Dkw0101 said:
yes but the nyko is 30 dollars and also provide a good gripping back for the wii mote.
nintendo's remote jacket is superior to nyko's grip... :yesnod:

idjut said:
nintendo's remote jacket is superior to nyko's grip... :yesnod:
but nintendos jacket sticks out and looks uglier than heck.

Best thing to do? Don't do what idjut said and don't buy Nyko/Joytech packs. All those options are overpriced and inflexible.

Go to Target or Wal-mart and pick up a AAA and AA battery charger, they can charge 4 at a time and usually come with 2-4 rechargeable batteries. Good brands like Duracell will cost 15 dollars for the set, lesser brands like Rayovac are 10 dollars. Extra rechargeables are around 5 dollars for 2. All in all, you can get the whole setup for your remotes for less than 20 dollars. Better and CHEAPER than ordering online, better than buying Nyko/Joytech, and you can use the batteries/charger for other things if you need.

Honestly, just because it's a Wii remote doesn't mean you have to pay 200% prices on 'special' battery packs - they use the same AA batteries as anything else. I have some Duracells and they last over 35 hours per charge, quite good and a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Back