Just a kids toy?

ryanb

A Sumoron
Jan 20, 2007
Massachusetts, USA
Hi All-

So I have a Wii that's in the mail as I write this. I have never played one, but I had read some good reviews. When I saw it online I knew I had to act fast if I wanted it, so I got it. Over the past day, however, I've kind of had some buyers remorse.

I wanted to know from people have actually played it, is it just a kids a toy or do people well beyond their teenage years enjoy it? If so, what games do you enjoy the most?

Thanks!

Well in my exp the age range (for wii sports/play) is
4 to 40s (my mum hasnt played it yet then it will go up to 50s
and I think that most people have played it (its a wii forum)
Edit :
The Wii is what games are all about haveing FUN wever its battleing beasts or batting balls
Ather all wii all dont just want to sit on our arseies pressing X

Last edited:
It's not a kid's toy, and even though I am not that old (20 years of age) I really enjoy it without even playing any games, just by going to the Weather channel, Mii channel, and sending messages you really have fun..of course it's also fun if you play good-quality games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (a must have for all Wii owners) Wario Ware:Smooth moves is really fun also but I don't have it yet, I do have Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and I recommend it, it really hooks you, I also have Red Steel which is awesome and Elebits, which I guess some people would call it a kiddie game and it gets kinda dull at times...but for the future get Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl

And yeah that's why it's called the "Wii" meaning "We" as in everybody, so everybody will have the desire to play Wii as predicted by Nintendo

yeah it's great man everyone loves it, and dont just get zelda coz everyone tells you to. it's a great game but not for everyone, if you like noncomplex adventure/rpgs get it

everything in Zelda is really great, the graphics are amazing and they are from a GameCube game engine (Wind Waker)

it is fun if you want a game that takes a while to finish and like rpgs, if you are a fps/racing lover its not for you. i like all games aslong as they r fun

Never buy a console for one game
But the wiis more fun with others (and a fare bit of space dont try to play in a shed)

I finally got a Wii on Dec 29th after standing in line for 8 hours in the cold (I live in Canada). I am 39 years old and have been a gamer since I was kid. I must say that the Wii is definitely not only for kids but for adults too. I have Zelda and it is an amazing game. The graphics are great and the use of the controls are nice. I think a lot of people, 360 and PS2 owners, thought that this system and the GameCube were only for children. I would definitely have to disagree. I think you will be very happy with your Wii as you can see that most people on this forum have mostly positive things to say about it. I think you will be able to find titles that you will be happy to play and based on the upcoming titles, there will be game for both kids and adults alike.

My step-father had a xbox one x-mas and my mother didn't even look at it, the night I brought the wii home she couldn't wait for a go, she even has her own mii and LOVES the bowling. I couldn't get a turn x-mas time, what with my sisters (25,29) father, aunties and uncles all playing it.. so yeah :) It really is for everyone

its not just for kids, because my dad loves to play it lol

The thing I like about Zelda is the awsome sequences where the plot just totaly turns another direction.

Back