Just a kids toy?

What I'm about to say is nothing to do with age really but proves the Wii is definately a console to get.

I used to hate Nintendo console, I've always been a Sony boy but ONE minute on the Wii and I was completely hooked. It's a console everyone should have, it'll stop all of us getting fat ;).

I am 23, I enjoy playing it. My girlfriend who never was really into any videogames loves it. She's really into the Zelda. I took it over my parent's house on new years and we all got drunk and played it---my parents included who are 40, 44. They really liked the bowling. My dad has been into the games though in fact he got me into them on the NES/SNES.

ryanb said:
Hi All-

So I have a Wii that's in the mail as I write this. I have never played one, but I had read some good reviews. When I saw it online I knew I had to act fast if I wanted it, so I got it. Over the past day, however, I've kind of had some buyers remorse.

I wanted to know from people have actually played it, is it just a kids a toy or do people well beyond their teenage years enjoy it? If so, what games do you enjoy the most?

Thanks!

I was about to flame you if you were CALLING it one.
No it isnt a dam kids toy. There are LOTS of games coming out for people from Teen to Adult. Just because they are releasing a few games for the youngins' doesnt mean every single wii-hater has to warp it into a 'Kids toy'

Excite Truck
Red Steel
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Sports (if it doesn't come with your Wii)
Call Of Duty 3

Get those games, and your good! :D

a week befor it came out i was at game stop watching the manager play the wii and so many adults (18-28 years old about) were saying they were guna get one so yeah any age would want one

Last edited:
I'm 21 and play the system... it's great for all ages. Even my friends who thought it looked retarded play it, and two buddies of mine actually picked up their own systems. It's funny how people are quick to jump the gun and say something's crap before they even try it. Very original control, and the typical fun Nintendo has with all their past consoles, it's a win win.

PtonJalken said:
I was about to flame you if you were CALLING it one.

definitely not calling it one... I had seen other people call it one before but I suspected they were people who had never actually played it. So I wanted to ask to find out the perspective of people who play it aren't just flaming a list because they are ps3 fanboys.

ryanb said:
definitely not calling it one... I had seen other people call it one before but I suspected they were people who had never actually played it. So I wanted to ask to find out the perspective of people who play it aren't just flaming a list because they are ps3 fanboys.

I know :)

Its a good system for everyone really. Once we get into mid 2007 there will be a great selection of games for every type of gamer. Its a good console to get for sure. Its hands down the best system for groups of people or for parties.

I'm a 31 year old casual gamer, I also have an xbox (1, not the 360) and have never owned a Nintendo system before the Wii which I only got a couple weeks back.

I'm having a great time with the Wii. The games are definitely more on the family friendly front than xbox but that hasn't really been an issue. Wii Sports is quite fun and a good diversion. Elebits is great, very simple play but very addictive and my favorite so far. I'm also enjoying Trauma Center a lot.

As for Zelda, I'm less than impressed. The graphics on it are fine, they're comparable to xbox graphics. I haven't gotten very far in the game at all and while it's not bad, it's just not really doing much for me at all. I'm only an hour or three into it so I'm not passing full judgement just yet but at this moment, if someone offered the $50 back for it, I'd be fine with that.

All in all I had the same worries as you about getting a Wii. I enjoyed the shooters on the xbox and was worried about the possibility of getting a "kiddie system". I'm pretty much over that. The games I have so far are a lot of fun and there are some games on the horizon that will help fill out the adult category (Grand Theft Auto I believe will be out at some point, Metroid, Call of Duty, I forget the name of the mafia game, etc.).

It's also nifty to have the virtual console on there and I'm having a good time here and there with R-Type which used to be far and away my favorite game (perhaps some 20 odd years ago).

So don't worry, the Wii's a great system and it's a lot of fun.

here if you want adult games only I'll give you the list of upcoming Wii adult games coming since March until the end of this year: Sadness, Raid Over the River, The Godfather Blackhand Edition, Disaster Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, (I recommend a realistic boxing game too) Red Steel, No More Heroes(With cel-shaded graphics but believe me it's for adults only), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Black, Soul Calibur 4, 2 games of Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, Heatseeker, Necro-Nesia, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Orb, Thorn, Darkness...and there's a lot more in the way..most of these I mentioned are only for the Wii which will obviously not make it a kiddie console.

Axtlar said:
here if you want adult games only I'll give you the list of upcoming Wii adult games coming since March until the end of this year: Sadness, Raid Over the River, The Godfather Blackhand Edition, Disaster Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, (I recommend a realistic boxing game too) Red Steel, No More Heroes(With cel-shaded graphics but believe me it's for adults only), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Black, Soul Calibur 4, 2 games of Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, Heatseeker, Necro-Nesia, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Orb, Thorn, Darkness...and there's a lot more in the way..most of these I mentioned are only for the Wii which will obviously not make it a kiddie console.

Wow, thanks for that comprehensive list!

Axtlar said:

Soul Calibur 4?? Are you sure?

Well I am over 40 and I think the Wii is great. Wii sports especially the bowling is awesome. You will not be disappointed in your Wii. Definitely not just a kids toy!

Back