Just a thought

cheburns

WiiChat Member
Jul 5, 2007
So how long do you think until people are going to be able to mod the wii and play burnt games and all that fun stuff?

I think he means until Nintendo actually does something about it and makes it impossible if not much harder to mod...which probbably never happen. It'll just keep on going, I don't think Nintendo will ever be able to stop something like that.

do people just rip games and then re burn them and the wii can read it or they have to go and get it chipped and all that?

You can dl wii games on your comp burn them on a blank dvd and play it with your modded wii. so all you have to pay for is the mod chip and blank dvds to get free wii games :). But its illegal. you could also back up your existing games and play dvd movies(i think) and games from other regions. But you can brick your modded wii by downloading an update from another region.

I think thats pretty much it you can do with a modded wii:/

but the mod chips can just completely ruin your wii? or you just have to be smart with it? where can you get them?

i dont see the point because it can wreck ur wii and if nintendo want to design and build another consol which costs millions to design and build but how if they are going to lose money

cheburns said:
but the mod chips can just completely ruin your wii? or you just have to be smart with it? where can you get them?
They an potentially ruin your system, however the logic put into using a chip justifies the loses. If you get a $250 wii + $50 modchip. You can play the entire wii library of games which is easily $1800+ of games for free. If they do ban your wii in some way, it's still cheaper to just buy a new system, and buy an updated wii modchip that's compatible with that times secuity measures.

However, that's assuming they even get caught, why wouldn't nintendo release firmware to ban it instead of making hardware revisions unless they couldn't stop it?

The name of the game for having a modchip is just don't be dumb and your fine. Why in the hell would an experienced modder accept an update from a game that is meant for another region? The expectency of better chips is always prospective, so people who think it through do wire installs of the chip so they can be removed in less than 5 minutes with no harm to the hardware. As for where to locate them, I'm not positive, but I'd say that's against forum rules. Though I'll just add google is your friend, and I do not suggest going out on the limb doing it yourself if you haven't soldering before.

If I remember correctly people have been modifying their Wiis with chips since at least feb of this year. I think the Wiinja was first?

This really isnt the right place to ask. Too many of the Wiichat members are against mod chips.

Back