Just bought my first Sony product: PS3

Twilight Hero

Banned
May 25, 2007
I'm a Nintendo boy at heart so I don't know what's good for this system. What games do you guys enjoy? I don't care about high ranking games, I want to know what you guys like to play.

So far, I have Prince of Persia, The Biggest Little Planet, and DBZ: Burst Limit.

lol its little big planet! i've bolded the game names if u dont want to read though all my bullshit

anyways, what kind of games do u enjoy most? theres tons to choose from. if you were open to anything i'd recomend one of the call of dutys for the online play mostly, uncharted: drake's fortune is a great action/adventure game and the sequal is going to hit later this year, infamous and prototype are both coming out within a month or so and they both look awesome, infamous is a ps3 exclusive however i think prototype will be the better game (they are similar open world games). also metal gear solid 4 was a freakin masterpiece. resident evil 5 is a great addition to the series if you've played the other ones on gamecube. theres so many games to choose from i could go on for ever.

and this is from a DBZ fanboy so listen up.

BURST LIMIT IS ****!

Good games: LittleBigPlanet, Soul Calibur 4, Armored Core for Answer, Guitar Hero(World Tour or Metallica, your choice), Infamous, Prototype, Burnout Paradise

judging from your avatar, i take you're also a Naruto fan. Well Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm is a great buy. Excellent graphics, great fighting, free DLC. a definate must have for any Naruto fan

If you want a shooter get Killzone 2. What a game.

-Metal Gear Solid 4 - a masterpiece as Senses said.
-Burnout Paradise - an excellent racing game with a lot of support from the developers.
-Fallout 3 (or Oblivion) - if you want an RPG fix.
-Bioshock - a superb, dark and mysterious first-person shooter.

LOL Sorry for the name butchering.

I'm definitely going to check out Metal Gear Solid 4. People talk about that game a lot. Hmm.. I have W@W for my Wii and I'm enjoying it. =) Resident Evil scares me but I might hop on the bandwagon sometime soon. What games do you recommend for some co-op fun with my friends?

@Lewi T: and with Bioshock 2 on the way, Bioshock is a good buy

Army of Two is a good Co-op shhoter. kinda short but really good.

i didn't. i know its a great game but since i can't understand the story i didn't get it.

people say its great but i have no firsthand knowledge. all my Metal gear knowledge comes from the trophies in Smash Bros Brawl

I'm definitely going to check out Metal Gear Solid 4. People talk about that game a lot. Hmm.. I have W@W for my Wii and I'm enjoying it. =) Resident Evil scares me but I might hop on the bandwagon sometime soon. What games do you recommend for some co-op fun with my friends?
Resident Evil 5 is a great co-op game, as is Army For Two mentioned above.

And I can not stress the greatness of Oblivion enough, probably my favorite game of all time. It's basically a classic RPG with a decent fighting scheme set in the medieval ages, complete with all your magic, swords, axes, etc. But, it is so much than that, really outstanding game. Very high replay value as well. Fallout 3 is pretty good too, but not even close to the likes of Oblivion in my opinion, though it depends on whether you're into a post-apocalyptic, futuristic setting or a medieval fantasy one.

And all that in the light that you may not even be interested at all! I recommend everything that's been said so far, and the future definitely looks bright for the PS3. MAG, Prototype, God of War 3, Assassin's Creed 2, among others. Your Wii won't be happy you got it, but you most certainly will.

Great games:

LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
Killzone 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Metal Gear Solid 4
BioShock
Ratchet & Clank Future
WipEout HD (downloadable title)
Resident Evil 5
Army of Two

Games to look for in the near future:

God of War III
Uncharted 2
inFAMOUS
Prototype
Other random multiplatform games

i think its important i stress this, RESIDENT EVIL 5 IS NOT SCAREY. they took all the horror elements out (bad move IMO) however it is an excellent co-op game with TONS of replay value, unlocables, vs. mode, mercenaries mode (like a survival mode). its just awesome.

i'd also like to say Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever created. its an awesome RPG and i've got close to 80 or 90 total hours logged and im still playing. so much better than oblivion in terms of side missions, game play, story, graphics, immersion. i just cant say enough good things about this game, u have to experience it to understand.

and i saw army of two thrown around in this thread a little bit, its a fun game, probably can beat it in 6-8 hours if u have a buddy to play with, but it is good and the sequal was recently announced and it looks crazy good so u might want to get AoT, its about 25 dollars i think.

finally, to answer ur ? about the MGS4 story, i did not play any of the previous games, so yeah i was a little lost in the story but it was still compelling and if you go on youtube and search for videos theres a ton that brief u on the MGS story up til end of 3. some things u may not know about MGS4-half hour cut scenes, largest game ever created (took up all the space on a blu-ray disc and they even had to cut some things out), awesome sound track and graphics, tons of ways to play a mission-you can even beat the entire game without alerting any enemies or firing a single bullet.

sorry this was so long lol

Wow, you guys seem pretty excited about the PS3. I've decided to get MGS4 first.. As for my second game, I'm leaning toward either Oblivion or Fallout 3... That's a hard choice. I appreciate the help guys! It's good to see some true Sony fans in here.

Good choice man! Excellent games you won't regret getting, great unique shooter game that has a movie element and epic storyline as well as graphics and cutscenes (MGS4), and the others are great for RPG and real-time action. It's everything Runescape fails to do.

Twilight youre not a FPS kind of guy right? Well if not I have the 3 must haves for gamers like you.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (Trust me, you'll fall in love with this one)
Little Big Planet (Sonys new little mascot, Sack Boy, replaces Crash Bandicoots spot :lol:)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (I don't suggest buying this unless you're familiar with the MGS storyline, which on it's own makes some of the most complex storylines out there for any type of media look like a kindergarten coloring book. In short, it's confusing as hell and you'll need to play the older ones to understand any of it. You can download Metal Gear Solid (PS1 version) on your PS3 through the PSN system. And if your PS3 is PS2 capatible just get MGS 2&3. Sounds like a hassel I know but trust me when I say all MGS games are timless classics and you'll have a blast playing them even if they are outdated.)

Back