Just Finished 14 Hour Shift

allstar2b87

Allstar Mario Player
Jun 4, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
3201-2736-5122-4454
so ya, I just finished a 14 hour shift, working at an Automotive company

whats the longest shift you have ever worked(this probably won't apply to A LOT of people on this site, minors and such :lol: ) and was it hard labor or just kinda sitting around doing nothing for hours on end so to speak?

14 hours!? :yikes:
Most I've worked is 8.

allstar2b87 said:
was it hard labor or just kinda sitting around doing nothing for hours on end so to speak?

This will sound contradictory, but I would describe it as both. :lol:

Meh 12 hour shifts for two weeks with no days off

My job was simaler

My pay at the end of it was massive (and the tax was a hell of a lot)

12 hour days for 3 weeks, also living in a hotel approx 200 miles from home.

I was selling mobile phones at the time, and worked for a promotion team that spent the year going up and down the country. On the above occasion, I was in London.
Hated it. :mad5:

Darkprinny said:
Meh 12 hour shifts for two weeks with no days off

My job was simaler

My pay at the end of it was massive (and the tax was a hell of a lot)

lol i love those big pay checks...im gunna be making 55 dollars an hour in 2 weeks !!!...but just for one day ...but still its alot of money coming my way that day...but like u said prinny...its all going to go to taxes lol :mad5:

They shouldn't show me the "before tax" column, just blank it out. It makes me cry:sad:then the anger kicks in.

Screw you government! That's MY money!:mad5:

True
My tax was more than a normal persons wage

At the mow I have to do four twelve hour shifts (we did do 4 9 hours)
I didnt sign up for 12 hours the boss decided that he needs more ****ing money (we get paid same rate)

Meh I need a new job but no where wants mii
THIS SUCKS

I reckon TLC will reply with the longest shift worked. :lol:

Haven't had a job before, so not applicable to me.

Most i ever did was around 13 in one day i think, i used to work in a Supermarket and were in the middle of a stock take.

Counting stock for 13 hours :sick:

I work longer hours now but im doing something i like and well im sat down most of the time.

working at best buy...before it acutally opens...12 hour sat.suns...stocking hundreds of products and getting everything ready,,,opening in 2-3weeks too!

haha...so at least im not the only one to work long hours...this is my good week..i only work three 12 hour shifts this week...the next week i work 5 then back to 3 ....on other thoughts...lol..i just woke up !!! mmm..i love sleeping after being awake 16+ hours!!!

For me it would have to be around two to three hours... However that will soon change. I've gotten a job which requires me to work 8hrs/day for the entire duration of the summer holiday.

Back