Just got a 360

Manny21

Born to be a Legend
Oct 16, 2006
I just got a 360 is a normal to hear a humming sound?? sounds like the Fan, but it isnt super loud but you can hear it.

Is it normal??

Friends 360 does that as well. If i were you id call whomever you bought it from and maybe work out a trade in. I know id get annoying with a fan hummin loud.

Redan499 said:
Friends 360 does that as well. If i were you id call whomever you bought it from and maybe work out a trade in. I know id get annoying with a fan hummin loud.

uh no. it's not even that loud. i own a 360 and i noticed the sound from the fan as well but you dont even notice it while you're playing.

To the thread starter dont worry about it, this is normal.

Last edited:
Theres nothing wrong with it. My 360 is as loud as a PC. You get the constant fan noise then the really stupid disc drive noise.

Best console i've ever had tho so i cant complain. :)

Manny21 said:
I just got a 360 is a normal to hear a humming sound?? sounds like the Fan, but it isnt super loud but you can hear it.

Is it normal??

Yes the XBOX 360 has so much power it is retty much like a PC but just for games really. yeh the fan has to be powerful or it will get really HOT

Chattersby said:
Yes the XBOX 360 has so much power it is retty much like a PC but just for games really. yeh the fan has to be powerful or it will get really HOT
360 is louder than pc

Its also a safe bet to keep your 360 laying on its side, cuz theres been a lot of reports of people who's 360's have had disk reading problems from having it stand up.

l33tpiro said:
Its also a safe bet to keep your 360 laying on its side, cuz theres been a lot of reports of people who's 360's have had disk reading problems from having it stand up.
yah the retards who are running a game then switch its posistion

a buddy of mine has had his 360 standing up right since day one and no problems

I heard about that.
It will get louder then pretty soon you'll see three little red lights of doom.

I've Had the three lights of death alot and i just turned it off and then un-plugged it,plugged it back in and it worked fine.

I just got a 360 too, been gone a while playing it. My gamertag is: HurtfulStealth. Splinter cell DA is just amazing, and I found more use for my old xbox games. Wii60 FTW.

i bought the intercooler so it can keep it cool, not hot and it makes more noise but heh its cool i like the games so far just gotten Madden 07 and Gears of War, had to trade in my wii for it. Got bored of my wii halo is my way. :ihih: :arf:

Back