Just got a Wii last weekend...

LowTek

Snakes on a Wii!
May 8, 2007
Hello forum btw. I know there are many modding threads already, but this is mine :)

My concern....

Found out the hard way that a lot of Wii games are rentals, or at least not worthy of buying. I found out Wario can be beaten in about 3 hours, that pissed me off after paying $50 for it. Monkey Ball is another that can be beaten in a day, yet costs $50! Zelda is amazingly fun and well worth the $50.

A game like monkey ball, fun, can be beaten in a day or two, during a rental, but maybe like a year from now I would want to play a quick game and I dont have it because I did not want to spend $50 on a game with minimal content.

Basically, the point of my thread is I want to mod it.

but... I am scared!

Not scared that I will break it during install, scared of the future, online play, updates, I also have a year warranty that I will give up.

Its just... sad to say, but like 99% of the games for Wii are not worth the $50.

Mod, or no mod?

I say Go with your heart (pfftt Corny?:arf: )

But I'm sure you'll get lots of "It's Illegal So No" Comments so good luck with that :thumbsup: :D

It is really up to you. I posted before about NOT modding but in truth its a personal thing. I am NOT against modding (as a matter of fact) hell I really don't care about the rammifications of modding but just be real with it is all I'm saying. I modded a PS2 because I wanted to play games for free. Period. I don't need to justify it by saying I wanted to play homebrew (forget that even big development houses cant seem to put out extremely good games that are fun except once every year), backups are another word for jacked, etc.

To me, this is just me, I wouldn't mod a Wii until there is a larger availability of them. You really don't want to brick something you just paid $250 dollars for and cant buy for another few months. Once modded be prepaired to be a slave to the mod as well because some functionality may or may not work, your gonna have to chase around updates, etc.

lasher702 said:
It is really up to you. I posted before about NOT modding but in truth its a personal thing. I am NOT against modding (as a matter of fact) hell I really don't care about the rammifications of modding but just be real with it is all I'm saying. I modded a PS2 because I wanted to play games for free. Period. I don't need to justify it by saying I wanted to play homebrew (forget that even big development houses cant seem to put out extremely good games that are fun except once every year), backups are another word for jacked, etc.

To me, this is just me, I wouldn't mod a Wii until there is a larger availability of them. You really don't want to brick something you just paid $250 dollars for and cant buy for another few months. Once modded be prepaired to be a slave to the mod as well because some functionality may or may not work, your gonna have to chase around updates, etc.

Dude, totally. I have decided NOT to mod it. I mean the system is fresh and new, I think we all should settle in a bit more and let the "mod chip designers" know the system like the back of their hand before altering it.

ESPECIALLY when a system has updates.

I have made my decision. :)

Back