Just Got Back "Black Friday"

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
Well, I just got back from a local gamestop, I went around 6:45, they only had 5 Wiis, and there were about 20 people in line. So I went to Best Buy and they didn't even have any, but the employee told me to come back Sunday and they would have them and be handing tickets out at 7 and they open at 9. So I guess if I get my ticket that means I can leave til they open at 9?

i failed today too. went to CompUSA (local comp chain) said they didnt have any, but to cal lbecause they get trucks everyday. went to gamestop, (next door to compusa), already a line, they had 3 wiis, 4 ps2s. all taken. and of course, wally world, and they were sold out.

got back from my 40 minute drive. got to gamestop at 5:30, there were 5 people waiting already. then the manager showed up at 6 and said "well, i have 3 wiis." 1,2,3. and that was it. i didn't even waste my time anywhere else. what a bunch of crap.

The guy at Best Buy said that they had 60 Wiis on launch day and that the last person to get one came 45 minutes before they handed out tickets.

my gamestop "informant" said that after today they should be getting regular shipments of the wii. what is that, and when do they even come in? luckily, my girlfriend is always around there to check so maybe monday morning i'll have more luck. as for now, i'm wii-less for the weekend and uberpissed about it. F**K you Nintendo.

:(

Sounds like there's a massive luck factor in snagging the consoles from the stores, im sure the persistance will pay off sooner or later.

I didn't get one, either--I was ninth in line at a Toys R' Us where I had been told there would be some. However, they said they would be arriving later and now I've been calling every half hour. After that, I stopped off at a Gamestop, where I was 2nd in line. The manager came in an hour early, said he didn't have one, but since we had been so dedicated that if we called on Monday or Tuesday to ask about a shipment and he had gotten some, he might be able to set one aside. But I'm gonna either try and get one from the Toys R' Us today or Best Buy on Sunday.

Im another "unlucky" person, hopefully my bestbuy gets more in on sunday like they said they are. We'll see though.

wow, my whole city was knockturnal... mall was open at 2 30am till tonight at 9pm. didnt get a wii :( soo gay... i went to eb games and there where only 2 people there and i asked if they knew if that eb was getting any and they told us that they didnt know and they where waiting for the ps3's... so we leave not too confident about staying and wasting 3 hours.. and we head to the mall, the mall already had spots filled so we goto this 2 different gamestops and same ****.. we we go back to the 1st eb hoping only those 2 people where the only ones there (making it our last resort) we show up and theres a line of 13 people already there and find out they only had 4... and the 2 that where waiting for the ps3 there left later after we had left, so we couldve been 1st in line if we stayed there.. sucks ass.

My parents left at 4 AM this morning to their own deal-savig stuff.

They only spent $150 dollars or so... OR DID THEY?
I've been ranting on adn on about the Wii to them :x

Ad my paretns have superpowers to ge tanything they wish....... So maybe they got ze wii.

I'll have to look in the closet and stuff to see if they got it :ihih:

Nocturnal means that you sleep in the Day and awake at Night...

I got mine at Best Buy

They have prettty big amounts and a pretty small crowd ccompared to most places

The tickets work like this:
You camp out at what ever time you feel neccessary and stay there untill 7/8 (I belive each stores are differnt)

They will give 1 ticket per person in line, if you have multiple people and are only buying 1 system don't take a ticket

They will then open and send people in, a few at a time, or atleast they did on launch

You go in. and you buy it.

The tickets have an experation time so I wouldn't go to far

Back