Just Got Back "Black Friday"

Just came back from Bestbuy. Went there to pick up a Wiimote and Nunchuck. Got there at 9:30am and there was a pretty big line, people waiting for PS3 and Wii. Had to wait half an hour just for Wii accessories but it's all good cuz I got them in the end. Got my hands on the last nunchuk and as usual there were tons of Wiimotes left.

Yezzur.

I went to Best Buy at 5 am (the opening time), and the line was about 200 - probably for all of the other stuff they had on sale too. I did nto even park. I went straight over to Toys R Us, walked in, went over to the game section, and purchased a Wii and an extra controller, no wait, no problems.

sweetbabyjames said:
I went straight over to Toys R Us, walked in, went over to the game section, and purchased a Wii and an extra controller, no wait, no problems.

:lol: :lol: Talk about lucky man. Good to hear at least one of you guys had some luck finding one.

sweetbabyjames said:
I went to Best Buy at 5 am (the opening time), and the line was about 200 - probably for all of the other stuff they had on sale too. I did nto even park. I went straight over to Toys R Us, walked in, went over to the game section, and purchased a Wii and an extra controller, no wait, no problems.

Lucky bastard, I just called one of my local game stores and they said they're getting a shipment in tomorrow during the day, so I'm gonna go an hour before and hope that not many people are there. The store opens before so hopefully the guy didn't tell many other people that they were getting a shipment during the day.

Limbo said:
I too failed to get a Wii on Black Friday :(

Can anyone confirm the Sunday thing at Best Buy?
I can. I'm not sure if they're giving out tickets, though. I have to call them - I can't get through atm. But yeah, @ least by me, Best Buy is selling 15 Wiis on Sunday, opening @ normal time (9AM). If rumors hold true, they're handing out tickets @ 7AM.

KCBlack said:
I can. I'm not sure if they're giving out tickets, though. I have to call them - I can't get through atm. But yeah, @ least by me, Best Buy is selling 15 Wiis on Sunday, opening @ normal time (9AM). If rumors hold true, they're handing out tickets @ 7AM.

I reallllly hope there are no campers this time around. We had like 75 people outside our Best Buy last night :O I don't have the parents or the car for camping.

people are just gonna line up for the tickets, i dont know what their trying to "fix" by handing out tickets

I can't get a Wii this Sunday it turns out, but I think I'll be able to snag one before the 8th. The lines have to eventually die down.

Sovieto said:
people are just gonna line up for the tickets, i dont know what their trying to "fix" by handing out tickets

They aren't trying to stop people from lining up by handing out tickets, they are A.) letting you take a brake from camping after recieving your ticket until the store opens and B.) Keeps things MUCH more organized. For example, when I went to get my Wii, the guy walked outside and yelled, "We have 120 consoles". Then another guy came out with 120 vouchers and handed them out. The rest of the people left. It kept things very streamlined and organized.

I failed today also. I grossly underestimated the amount of people that would be waiting at Gamestop. I decided to get there at 5:00 am cause they open at 7:00 am, but already was a line. Some people were there around midnight! ....yikes! So I went to eBay.com and overpaid. :(

Back