Just got my component cables!

akguy53

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Just got the component cables. They work great and you can definitely see the difference. The other plus is that I can now see the VC NES games I bought on my LCD screen. Before these cables I could only see them on a tube tv.

I got them for $17 from http://stores.ebay.com/jetport on ebay. You can usually get buy them for start price. I got them quickly and they work fine.

:hand:

thats not necessarily true...I have component inputs on both of my TV's...yet they won't support 480p with the cables and won't run the Wii with them :arf: So I wouldn't jump to conclusions :arf:

Vertiginous said:
thats not necessarily true...I have component inputs on both of my TV's...yet they won't support 480p with the cables and won't run the Wii with them :arf: So I wouldn't jump to conclusions :arf:
That's not necessairly true either. If you've got component input on your TV, then it will look better than composite even at 480i.

Ha, just placed my order for some at madcatz.com; with shipping they were $27, but I don't mind because I know they'll be well made. I sure hope they make everything look quite a bit better on my 27" flat tube TV like the component cables for my Xbox made everything look much better. Even if it isn't a massive change from the standard composite, at least I'll have an extra set that I can take to a friend's house and I can just leave the component cables plugged into the TV.:D

When i put my component cables in, in Wii sports you start to notice jaggies. :/ Oh well, but Zelda is actually much prettier and i don't see any jaggies like i do in Wii Sports

Back