Just got my first Wii (I Know I am late but thats ok) Need Advice

4LC4PON3

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2011
Hello everyone I am a hardcore PC, PS3 & 360 gamer & honestly the Wii never interested me at all. I decided to buy a Wii this weekend just because I am looking for alittle change in game play but I am unsure of what Wii Exclusive games are really good. I read great things about Zelda but I have never played a Zelda game ever so I am afraid that buying the "zelda skyward sword" I will be missing alot because I have not played any previous versions.

Anyways I do like the Wii as of right now I am playing "New Super Mario Bro's" that came with the Wii. Anyways what games would you say that I should give a shot. I will play just about anything really yes even kids games.

One other thing I do not have the HD component cables will it make a big diff going from 480i to 480P? If you need to know I am 30 y/o

Last edited:
Welcome (or welcome back) to the world of Nintendo, 4LC4PON3. =)

Zelda games are almost never direct sequels, prequels, etc. so you're perfectly safe in buying Skyward Sword even though you've never played any other Zelda games. You won't be missing any key story elements or anything. If you don't want to gamble on a full-price Zelda game just yet, you could certainly grab a used copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for quite a bit cheaper since it's five years old. It's worth whatever cheaper price it's at right now, without a doubt.

From my personal recommendations, I'd have to bring up Red Steel 2. Some reviewers say the first Red Steel was a tragedy of a game or just not that good in general, but Red Steel 2 received some fantastic reception; I personally loved the game. It's one of the greater Wii games that make use of the motion controls for an action-filled game that focuses on combat about dual wielding a sword and gun simultaneously. Smooth controls, really fun, and probably somewhat cheap like Twilight Princess since I think it was released around '08. It's the kind of Wii game where you can't sit down and lazily swing the Wii remote though, so if you are looking to mix up your gaming experience, I'd say Red Steel 2 would be a great buy for ya.

You into fighting games at all?

I'd help you with your component cable question, but I don't know anything 'bout that stuff... Sorry. Someone else should certainly give you a good answer though.

Animalcrossing, Mario galaxy 2, Mariokartwii, are also great titles and good choices of games.

GoldenEye 007

If you're interested in a good story line & online playing you should check out GoldenEye 007 it's a cool James Bond game, very fun to play online or story mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
metroid prime 3 = reallly good. deffinetly get twilight princess and or skyward sword. u cant go wrong with a zelda game! super smash brothers brawl is a must get. and u know any first party nintendo games r really good so just head over to ur friendly neighbor hood gamestop and check em out

Back