Just Got my Wii from HK!

Uniquexme
Your Manglish is quite strong, most people on this board might not understand ;) I'm used to it because I have alot of friends in Singapore.

2.2U is actually the latest firmware available, but only online. 2.1U is the latest you can get from a game which is super paper mario

If you buy any "very low priced" games DONT let them update your system. Try to find some place with internet you can borrow to get the 2.2U firmware

ciper said:
Uniquexme
Your Manglish is quite strong, most people on this board might not understand ;) I'm used to it because I have alot of friends in Singapore.

2.2U is actually the latest firmware available, but only online. 2.1U is the latest you can get from a game which is super paper mario

If you buy any "very low priced" games DONT let them update your system. Try to find some place with internet you can borrow to get the 2.2U firmware

keke, yes, i m chinese, haha, so we are used to this Manglish stuffs. haha... ok noted bro, i will try to get a wifi to update, i think i will bring it to my wife shop since she got wifi there. noted on the "free" game oso. thanks. but my bitcomet wii games are not moving at all. damn.

uniquexme said:
keke, yes, i m chinese, haha, so we are used to this Manglish stuffs. haha... ok noted bro, i will try to get a wifi to update, i think i will bring it to my wife shop since she got wifi there. noted on the "free" game oso. thanks. but my bitcomet wii games are not moving at all. damn.

You should consider switching to Utorrent. The program is only 172KB and doesnt need to install, only a single file! It uses a lot less memory than most clients and supports all the features. The only one missing that Bitcomet has is the preview while downloading option

If you want I have a list of trackers you could add to your download that should help. Do you have DHT turned on and is your port forwarded?

ciper said:
You should consider switching to Utorrent. The program is only 172KB and doesnt need to install, only a single file! It uses a lot less memory than most clients and supports all the features. The only one missing that Bitcomet has is the preview while downloading option

If you want I have a list of trackers you could add to your download that should help. Do you have DHT turned on and is your port forwarded?

i m now trying on the Utorrent. sorry ciper, i have little knowledge on this torrent thing. i m now downloading both bitcomet and utorrent, see which is faster. i checked on my bitcomet, yes DHT is turned on

guys, i have reconfirmed that my Wii is USA coz my serial no. starts with LU.

i went to grab 2 "cheap" Wii USA games, Cooking Mama (for my wife), and Farcry Vengeance. Back home, put in Cooking Mama, it says initialing update, so i immediately eject the disk. Then i tried Farcry Vengenace, saw the game, but when i click on it, it says unable to read the disk. Thus both game cannot be played. Can i check with you guys, how come at the Wii main menu, "cheap" games dun have game icons appeared? wat shd i do now? will online update help me play these games? i was worried that i might be conned, can it be that there is no modchip within? But from the receipt given at HK, it says WiiIC @ HKD80. I really have doubt with this modchip.

at the place i bought those games yesterday, i saw Wii on display, asked them about price and modchip. But its an old guy, think in his 60s, he said that his Japanese Wii is able to display English menu???!!! is this really true? i might bash myself if it can be done, coz i spent USD120 more just for it to display English! damn.........

help needed from all pros here. thanks

I'm fairly sure the Japanese Wii cannot display english.
I didnt realize that Cooking Mama had an update on the disc! If you are brave and are absolutely sure its a US game the update should work....

If the Cooking Mama game was able to start then your modchip is working. The farcry game may just be a bad disc. Can you find any friend that has wireless you can borrow to get the 2.2 update?

ciper said:
I'm fairly sure the Japanese Wii cannot display english.
I didnt realize that Cooking Mama had an update on the disc! If you are brave and are absolutely sure its a US game the update should work....

If the Cooking Mama game was able to start then your modchip is working. The farcry game may just be a bad disc. Can you find any friend that has wireless you can borrow to get the 2.2 update?

yeah, i think that old man really doesnt know what he is saying. keke... phew, so relief. ahha..

coz when i lauched the disc, it says initializing wii update, then i remember that some1 said that its better to update via wifi, so i eject the disk. i think i will get my wii to update via wifi and try. thanks ciper. i have added u on msn, but didn't see u online.

Last edited:
You can find out all the mod chip game compatibility issues and work around at hacken's forum.

just successfully updated my wii to 2.2U, now can play backup. thanks.

Back