Just got my Wii... reaction

well it must be you because i dont have too much problems with the aiming syste =S and i love red steel

but yeah you should get Zelda is a great game is awesome and is the best game in the wii and one of the best game of the "Last Generation Consoles" Zelda is a Winner like no one else !

Really what idiot thinks that the storyline in Twilight Princess is "boring"? Gimme a break. Of all the ridiculous things I've read on this forum I think this takes the cake. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is THE BEST game for the Wii right now and I think its the LoZ game ever made. I just downloaded OoT from the VC Store and I'm actually kinda bored playing it. Maybe its because of the sh*tty graphics (which I do realize were okay for back then but STILL). I dunno it just seems not as interesting now that I've met Midna and know about the Twilight Realm...etc. I can't wait for a sequel or whatever the next Legend of Zelda game will officially be called. Ganondorfs little speech at the end of TP makes me think that there will be a sequel though...

chiefraven said:
Well i just got my wii today... also bought RedSteel as well... i must say i'm not really satisfied with the game at all. Wii Sports was alright, but it's too simplistic for my taste... all you can do is pitch or hit... you get to control one character. that's it.

RedSteel was alright i only played for a few minutes... but aiming is **** in this game.

The graphic is ok for me. but i can't picture anyone playing any shoot'em up games like halo or anything that requires precise aiming and control with wii.

maybe someone can enlighten me?

i'm going to try to return redsteel considering i just bought it like an hour ago. hopefully they'll let me return it. sigh

what are some good games to get for wii? and what do you guys think of my comment?

You must have bad aim or something, i found RedSteel's aim perfect. And i play ALOT of FPS.

But seriously, you couldnt of given it too much try if you only bought it a hour ago. You probably never even owned it. (or maybe not even a Wii).

And as far as FPS Graphic capabilities, if you look at M3: Corruption. Graphics are looking fine for me.

Last edited:
Just play red steel for a few hours and once your use to it, and good at it, it's alot of fun...

Well I was exhausted from being in line for 18 hours without hardly any food or water! I got home opened it up....once I felt the controller it felt cheap.....the speaker quality was terrible too! I use to think of the Wii as just a toy...nut after spending more time with it....Ive changed my thoughts!

how can you say the zelda story is crap!!! bloody hell have you only the wooden sword or something!

Ok so i gave Red Steel another chance after toys r rus told me i couldn't return the game... it's not all that bad... i like the sword fights and am getting the hang of the controls now. especially the shot gun. Anyway know how long this game is? 'cuz i want to get zelda after i finish red steel :) I'm still at the very beginning i believe, i'm at the spa place.

i also just purchased madden 07... but haven't played too much of it. is it really good?

by the way, are you guys worried that the wii controllers only has a few buttons? wont this limit the games a lot?

No it wont because it is motion sensative, so actions can replace buttons

chiefraven said:
by the way, are you guys worried that the wii controllers only has a few buttons? wont this limit the games a lot?

the wii mote itself only has like 2 usable buttons in gameplay... but everything you can attach to it adds another 4+ buttons with the nunchuck,soon to be gun and im sure plenty of other attachments like bongos,guitar,etc.. nintendo has always had a thing for extra controllers with there systems.. some people call it a rip off.. i think its great change things up a bit.. im sure the wii will be no different... and it will just add to the wiimote motion controller... in reality your going to be hitting more buttons than any other controller out there when you include motion controll

Red steel is a strange one.
You need to make sure you are sitting the correct distance from the screen and have everything set-up right in order to play it properly. I've had no probs with it though? It is a duck and cover fps rather than gunning/running all the time like Halo. I'd give Red steel a 7.3 ish out 10. Its not unplayable - but at times it does suck some pretty serious ass... :wink:

Chiefraven... about the aiming, what tv are you using?

Zelda = BORING?!?! Please tell me what they could have added that would have made the game less boring? How far have you played into the game? 20 minutes?

Have you ran into ANY of the countless number of minigames? I'm at 34 hours played time and I cant wait to get home to play more.

nintendowiiconsole said:
well that anoiying person/spirit or what ever it is's voice is very annoiying, and i personally think that the story is utter crap
:shocked: thems are fightin' words!

chiefraven said:
Well i just got my wii today... also bought RedSteel as well... i must say i'm not really satisfied with the game at all. Wii Sports was alright, but it's too simplistic for my taste... all you can do is pitch or hit... you get to control one character. that's it.

RedSteel was alright i only played for a few minutes... but aiming is **** in this game.

The graphic is ok for me. but i can't picture anyone playing any shoot'em up games like halo or anything that requires precise aiming and control with wii.

maybe someone can enlighten me?

i'm going to try to return redsteel considering i just bought it like an hour ago. hopefully they'll let me return it. sigh

what are some good games to get for wii? and what do you guys think of my comment?

I have to say I disagree with you on Red Steel. Now its not the best gamne in the world, it certainly has its flaws, but i would definitely encourage you to give it more than a few minutes...

The aiming on the game isnt bad at all, it just requires a completely different approach from conventional video games. For me it felt much more like an arcade game...sorta Time Crisis styley. At first it is a little disorientating but when you adapt it becomes much easier and far more encompassing than most other FPS. I don't understand how you cant see 'precise' shoot em ups on the Wii? Surely the wiimote is about as precise as you can get?

I agree Wii Sports is rather basic, but have you tried it multiplayer?? Thats when this game comes into its element. Playing solo can be a little dull, but make sure you check out the training/fitness challenges.

As for other games, I would have to reccommend Zelda Twighlight Princess[as with most other people here] as its an amazing game. Also if you have never played any of the Zelda series, TP is a good one to start on as its not quite as hard as previous versions.

As for other games....well that seems to be the one thing letting the Wii down at the moment, the lack of good games for older gamers. However 'The Godfather' is on the horizon...a trailer of which can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MmV6SFTP0

Last edited:
chiefraven said:
Wii Sports was alright, but it's too simplistic for my taste... all you can do is pitch or hit... you get to control one character. that's it.

What about the other sports in Wii Sports?

Back