Just got Wii for Xmas and having problems

grittycats

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Hello all. Im new to these boards and obviously new to the Wii. I am having a problem with the Wii right out of the box. It seems that the disc drive is broken. When I first went to put in Wii Sports, the disc went in and then ejected making a grumbling type noise. The second time i put it in it got stuck. I was able to get it out but now when i got to put the disc in it wont take it. its as if i would have to jam it in to work and nothing comes up. Will i have to call nintendo tomorrow or is there anything you guys and gals recommend? thanks and i really appreciate all of your feedback!:smilewinkgrin:

Are you putting the disc in correctly? Make sure the side with the picture is facing to the right (--->) for it to work. If you are putting it in correctly then call Nintendo to get it repaired. They have great customer service.

yes, i am putting it in correctly. the first time i put it in, however, i put it in the opposite way. the console spit it right back out though. now...it wont let me put the disc in. you have to basically force it in. if i dot have to send it to nintendo, will it be swapped for a new one or will it have to be repaired?

Wow, there's a lot of bad luck today with the wii disk drive. I can't personally explain it. I guess reset and replug the wii in. If that doesn't work, you're going to have call Nintendo tomorrow (As they are closed today)

If you end up having to call Nintendo, they will probably replace the disk drive, not the whole console. They're support is great though so its not a huge deal! :)

Back