Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just Ordered a Wii.. couple ??s

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by 97cobra, Feb 5, 2009.

1. 97cobra

97cobra WiiChat Member

So I bought a Wii that comes with Wii sports, nunchuk and remote. Also ordered another remote and nunchuk as well as one classic controller, Madden NFL 09 and Need for Speed. Ordered the system so me and my gf can have something fun to do and we plan to get the wii fit so we can look good at the beach this summer :) I ordered it from Gamestop, the local store said they might not get them for a month but Gamestop had them in stock online.

Few questions:
    Do I need to get a memory card?
    Does the Wii come with remote chargers or do I need to buy one?
    How many Wii points should I buy to start off with to download a few old games?
    What else should I get for the Wii?

2. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    No you don't need a memory card for Wii games, everything saves to the memory it has internally. If you wish to play and save GameCube games then you will need a GameCube memory card.

The Wii doesn't come with remote chargers and they're not really a necessity for single player use. But if you feel buying batteries for two sets of controllers to be a hassle invest in a charging kit which can be found anywhere games are sold.

Each points card you buy has 2000 points and that runs you $20.00 bucks each card. Virtual Console titles range in points with Nes games worth the lowest (500) and N64 being the highest (1000). Every other system is in between those two. If you need more you can always use your credit card and buy more points off the channel yourself. Each point is worth $.01.

As for anything else, you seem to have everything you need to play. I suggest playing around a bit and see if you feel like you need anything else. Usually all you need to buy more of is new games to play once your tired of those ones.

Enjoy :)

3. rukus

rukus WiiChat Member

please note, not all places sell 2000pt cards for $20, here in canada i have seen them from $20 (toys r us) to 24.99 (Future shop, EB games, Source) up to 27.99 (Best Buy). Saying that 1pt = 0.01c is innacurate, it doesnt relate direclty to currency, it just so happens to be similarly marketed as such

4. gidget

gidget . ☆ ☆ ☆ .

Wii Friend Code: 9999-9999-9999-9999
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    look for the game "wiiplay", it's a game and remote for about $10 more than just buying a remote. the wiiplay games get old quick, but is good at times when you have company, wiiplay's Tank Game has lots of game play, though.

$25 set of 4 or 8 engergizer rechargeables that come with the charger pays for itself quickly :yesnod:

5. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

Also, on the Wii Shopping Channel, you can buy points directly in there in smaller increments than the point cards in stores (1000 points versus 2000 points).

6. 97cobra

97cobra WiiChat Member

Thanks for the info guys. So I just need to get like 8 rechargable AA batteries and I'm set? Or is it a different kind of battery?

7. gidget

gidget . ☆ ☆ ☆ .

9999-9999-9999-9999
    yeah... 8
    :)

8. 97cobra

97cobra WiiChat Member

Do I need to get anything to go online to the wii shop or does it come with all the necessary equipment?

9. gidget

gidget . ☆ ☆ ☆ .

9999-9999-9999-9999
    if you have a wireless AP or wireless router in your house then you're set.

if you have a wired router then you need to buy nintendo's USB ethernet adapter.

10. Brawny

Brawny Anglophobiphile

Wii Friend Code: 5385-4035-7079-0395
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    They usually make the direct exchange in USD, and everything else goes from there.

11. rukus

rukus WiiChat Member

usually doesnt count. nintendo does not advertise a direct correlation from cash to points.

12. W4ST3D

W4ST3D WiiChat Member

Do I need to get a memory card?
    Nope, you dont need a memory card mate you can save files and game progress ect. without a memory card.

Does the Wii come with remote chargers or do I need to buy one?
    No the Wii doesnt come with remote chargers but its worth getting. i think its pritty cheap on www.play.com.

How many Wii points should I buy to start off with to download a few old games?
    I have never brought or used points but their are a few classic retro games like pacman, space invaders i think id get them

What else should I get for the Wii?
    Id defo get Call of Duty: World at War with the wii zapper i got the game when it was first released an payed £40 but its the best game on the wii for me, and i got the zapper with links crossbow training which was cheaper than getting the zapper on its own! lmao.

Hope this helped mate.