Just ordered a wii

tb mass

WiiChat Member
Jul 19, 2007
ok i just ordered a wii from circuit city

it came with a extra controller, a classic controller, and 2000 wii points ( i have no idea what thats for....)

i also got component cable becuz i have a hdtv

so i was wondering is there anything really important i need to know about it (like for example the ps3 has to has a lot of ventilation and has to be out in the open or itll overheat)

also what are wii points

Wii points are for the Wii Shop Channel, used for downloading classic Nintendo (and other) games to the Wii internal memory. And nope, the Wii has no overheating problems; however I advise that you leave Wiiconnect 24 off if you wanna take advantage of this, b/c it does get fairly warm when this is left on during non use and is fairly pointless (atleast for right now). Congrats on getting a Wii!

Last edited:
As said, its pretty much plug and play and leave it to do its thing! The most important thing you need to worry about is which games to get first!!

tigiss said:
how much is it costing you, because if its 250 thats a great price

No way, Circuit City would never charge $250 for a Wii with an extra controller, a Classic Controller and 2000 Wii Points. I'd guess around $300 for the MSRP, but I'm not positive. BTW, congrats on getting the Wii (thread creator).

WiiBad said:
Wii points are for the Wii Shop Channel, used for downloading classic Nintendo (and other) games to the Wii internal memory. And nope, the Wii has no overheating problems; however I advise that you leave Wiiconnect 24 off if you wanna take advantage of this, b/c it does get fairly warm when this is left on during non use and is fairly pointless (atleast for right now). Congrats on getting a Wii!
What he said:yesnod: !

i posted a long speech in one of the stickies.

but i just got the party bundle from toysrus.com Tuesday around 8:30 am.

friggin takin forever. Anyone have any inside info or personal stories about them? loved to know what's goin on, as all they're crap is automated.

Back