Just Played GOW for the 1st Time

ottoman

Banned
Dec 2, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
1156-6661-4692-6561
I just went to my friends house, and it was the first time ive ever actually played an xbox360. I watched him on a game of Pro evoloution soccer, and GOW. i also played some GOW myself.

I was expecting to be "Blown away" as so many xbox fans put it. they all seem to be "amazed". Well i was shocked. All the hype about the graphics, and they werent even that spectacular. I mean they were good, but they werent huge.

GOW is also supposed to be one of the best shooters. what? it was good, but ive played better. The overall game was very good, and im sure if i played it more i would have enjoyed it more. But the xbox is very overrated to me, even though its a good console.

People making it out to be a graphical miracle, however, the graphics i saw today were nothing too speacial at all.

Also, the style of the menus were very boring. very dull and flat. The Wii menus are bold and full of life. I just didnt feel that warm feeling i get when i turn on my Wii...

Maybe its just me, or maybe not? Let the flaming begin...

I AM NOT SAYING THE 360 OR GOW IS BAD, OR THAT THEY HAVE BAD GRAPHICS. IM SAYING THEY HAVE BEEN OVERATED, AND HYPED UP TOO MUCH.

Last edited:
Everyone has a different opinion about the game/games the 360 has to offer and thats fine. So you didn't like the 360..not that big of a deal. Also I don't see why people would flame you for posting your own opinion about a game..

well, whether you like it or not, those graphics are pretty much the best graphics in a game to date
like ive told peoplep before, i think you went to play the game expecting to not like it, so that is what happened
and what did you play? 1v1, those can be pretty dull

no no, i do like the 360. i think its a very very good console. but i just think its been overrated and overhyped....and why not make a thread about my opinion? This part of the forum is dead, and isnt "opinions" what forums all al about?

Bit of a silly question dont you think lol...

And sovieto, i played some online, and i thought it wa s good. but like i said...overrated. people had been telling me that it was like a new revoloution, as if it were From the heavens above...

It just seems to me as if it was all blown out of proportion.

The reason as to why you may dislike the game is because your not used to these types of games. For instance most of the games Nintendo has to offer aren't anywhere near GoW. For the xbox 360 FPS are the most played games so thats why so many people like GoW whereas someone who enjoys the Nintendo style games may think differently. Not that its a bad thing just saying thats probably one of the reasons you disliked the game.

ottoman said:
no no, i do like the 360. i think its a very very good console. but i just think its been overrated and overhyped....and why not make a thread about my opinion? This part of the forum is dead, and isnt "opinions" what forums all al about?

Bit of a silly question dont you think lol...

And sovieto, i played some online, and i thought it wa s good. but like i said...overrated. people had been telling me that it was like a new revoloution, as if it were From the heavens above...

It just seems to me as if it was all blown out of proportion.
this part of the forum isnt really dead
its just most of the people who have a 360 are to busy playing them to come here now (all those wii people who sold theirs for 360)

ok, syntax, you have totally missed my point, and sovieto...what? lol that was embarrasing...

Syntax i dont dislike it, i think its a very good game. ALL I AM SAYING is that it has been overrated.

My bad...

err change the "dislikes" in my post to "over rated"

hmm it may just work..

I have Crackdown & Gears of War they both seem overated to me. I was bored of Crackdown in less than a day.......... Its way too repetitive. It really only sold cause of the H3 Beta. (Which I have) Now Gears of War was OK. But It got boring fast...... Like alot of 360 games its not much different than other FPS's..... I just ended up playing Halo 2 until my Xbox Live Gold ran out........

Well Did The Dude Have A Hd Telly If He Didnt Thats Probaly Why!

Anyway Dont Give A Crap Bout Graphics As Long As Their Not Too Far Behind

yeh same here brendo. but everyone was like OMG OMG THE GRAPHICS WILL BLOW YOU AWAY....and it just didnt...

Wait was it on a HDTV???
but i do agree with you, gears of wars colours are too grey, black and brown.
i prefer GRAW and GRAW 2's graphics.

Back