Just Wondering - N64

laedawg

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Wii has recently been released in New Zealand (where I'm from) and I'm seriously thinking of getting one. Just want to know what the heads up with Nintendo 64 games (roms) being avaliable on the Wii is. I don't mind if I get a link or a bit of info, just want to know how the backwards compatibility will work.

Also wondering if Nintendo has put any thought into online play using N64 or even Super Nintendo games. I just find that 007 Goldeneye on the N64 is such an awesome multiplayer game and how good it'd be to have that avaliable to play others around the world. Especially if they came out with a mouse set-up to play bond with. My little brother plays Goldeneye with a mouse on the computer but says it still needs a little tweaking. I think that'd be an awesome game to play online!

I also would not mind playing some other N64 games online such as the awesome wrestling titles they have on the N64. Some say that WWF No Mercy is the best wrestling game to date and even with the new release of WWE games I find that nothing matches the No Mercy gameplay! It's so smooth and realistic. Very nice to play multiplayer.

And there are even good multiplayer games on SNES such as Bomberman that would be very fun to play online.

If anyone could help me with any information relating to this I'd appreciate it very much.

Cheers peeps.

Ouch, no Bond. Ah well.

What I really wanted to know is how likely would it be for Nintendo to add online play to the games they are releasing for VC? I mean I could just play all that on a XBox 360 or a PC or even my actual Nintendo 64 console...

You think I can't use an Emulator and Rom?:shocked: No offense but did you even read what I wrote?

I really don't have a clue about Nintendo's online plans for VC titles - I don't think anyone does really....

All I can tell you is that the link option is currently disabled in Bomberman 93. Maybe it'll be updated some day, maybe not. Who knows...

Back