Just wondering...

xxkaisexx

Speed is where its at!
Dec 6, 2006
Wii Online Code
4391-3803-3277-7255
I was wondering, if I bought a TV tuner card for my PC, installed it an everything, would I be able to hook the Wii up to it so I could use my 24" LCD Widescreen monitor instead of my old little 15" CRT? I checked my monitor for any other plugs besides the DVI and VGA and I didn't see anything else so I asked around and someone said to get a TV Tuner card but I wasn't sure.

TV Tuner card would work. Thats what most people who make Good videos use. But I believe it is a bit overkill if you just want to play on your monitor and not record what you are playing. You could buy an adaptor (yellow/white/red -> VGA) that will allow you to plug your Wii directly into the monitor.

-Bobby

bobby1211 said:
TV Tuner card would work. Thats what most people who make Good videos use. But I believe it is a bit overkill if you just want to play on your monitor and not record what you are playing. You could buy an adaptor (yellow/white/red -> VGA) that will allow you to plug your Wii directly into the monitor.

-Bobby

Do they have one that goes to DVI instead of VGA? If I were gonna use my LCD screen I'd might as well get a component to dvi (doubt it exists)

Also what places do you know have this?

Thanks for the heads up guys. Yeah my friend has a TV Tuner and there was a slight delay when I was playing DMC3 on his monitor. I had no clue that the y/r/w to VGA existed! Ill go check those out but if they have an adapter for DVI I should just get that instead.

Back