Kay, Im gonna need your guys's help here!

Wishale

WiiChat Member
Kay, Guys..

My mom hates the wii.. She doesn't understand why i would ever need a gaming system (typical mom?:eek:ut: )
Anyway, I think i have her thinking of getting it for me for christmas.. Maybe.. Maybe :)
Anyway, Im writing a christmas list for her.. And she says that if i was to get the wii.. thats all i would get from her and my dad for xmas.. :mad2:
So.. I need to choose carefully what i want for the wii.. I figure i can ask for..
Wii
Extra Wiimote (Maybe?:tard: )
One Game (I love Warioware, So i might ask for it.. but zelda is amazing to)
Vitual console card (I figure that can satisfy my need for games till i can buy another wii game)
And last, not least...
Classic Controller.. Now, this one im not sure about.. Im canadian, Do we have it in stores yet? Which stores? Which Price? Is it worth it?

Kay.. I need you guys to play with my list.. and tell me what i need the most.. And maybe some suggestions on how to work grandparents into getting something.. because from my parents its the wii console--thats it

:prrr: Thanks :drool:

you definelty need zelda
wiimote defintely
point your choice
and finally if you have a gc controller you dont need a classic controller

yes you do need a classic controller...even if you have a gamecube controller..

you wont be able to play turbografix games

With a mom you might want to go with the "it isn't a lazy fat person console, it gets you moving" because that is where most moms want to say no.

If you can get her into a store where you can test it out and make sure you move your arms, even thought you can really just flick your wrist for the most part make sure she thinks you have to move your arms a bunch.

I would go with Zelda over WarioWare for a first game, just for the simple reason that Zelda will last longer if you don't use a guide. I love both game series so that is really the only reason.

If you are going to get a Virtual Console game you will want a Classic Controller because they ALL take it, and not all take Wii-mote turned sideways, or Gamecube controller.

An extra Wii-mote and Nunchuk would be the way to go if you were to get an extra set, not jsut the Wii-mote. hat is about $60 USD though so you might wait and get that later, or possibly get a Wii-mote from your parents and a Nunchuk from another relative or friend, seeing as it only cost $20 USD and the Wii-mote cost $40 USD.

Ofcourse the most important thing on this is to get the Wii, without it the rest is just wasted gifts.

in touch with the wii said:
you definelty need zelda
wiimote defintely
point your choice
and finally if you have a gc controller you dont need a classic controller
Kay.. According to nintendo power, i might not be able to use a gcn controller with Genesis games, or Turbografx.. So should i still put money into it.. if i might have to go out and buy a classic controller?

And..
I think i like the look of the classic controller over all more.. but.. meh.. on a budget it doesn't make a difference :thumbsup:

I miss the days of blagging people into buying me the christmas gift I wanted and then worrying I still might not get it :(.Christmas was ace when I was young. The only good thing about it now is my mates all come back and we get leathered for two weeks :D.

Oh and in your predicament I always found leaving useful clues around the house was a good system and dropping in the name of what I wanted into conversation. For example -

Mum - "Big_Mill I wish you wouldnt just sit watching TV all day, get some exercise"
Me - "Well Mum If I had a Wii I would be playing tennis or swinging a sword and getting some much needed exercise"

Something along those lines but less crappy and cheesy.

Big_Mill said:
I miss the days of blagging people into buying me the christmas gift I wanted and then worrying I still might not get it :(.Christmas was ace when I was young. The only good thing about it now is my mates all come back and we get leathered for two weeks :D.

Oh and in your predicament I always found leaving useful clues around the house was a good system and dropping in the name of what I wanted into conversation. For example -

Mum - "Big_Mill I wish you wouldnt just sit watching TV all day, get some exercise"
Me - "Well Mum If I had a Wii I would be playing tennis or swinging a sword and getting some much needed exercise"

Something along those lines but less crappy and cheesy.

Lol, Great idea.. Definatly!

Thanks for the help guys..

Other games i might like--ideas are good too.. I love excite truck;)

Oh, and i just looked closer into my np mag.. and it says i can use the wiimote sideways for most genesis games.. and all turbografx :D Keep em coming guys! I need to go eat dinner :ee5k: :D :thumbsup:

Get the Wii, and zelda if you can. Otherwise get Wario Ware like you wanted.

But make sure then when you open the Wii you get out Wii sports first. It'll not only help you with the Wii learning curve, but it'll show that you can be quite active too. Do you think you mum will be more appreciative if you play Zelda for endless hours sitting down, or Wii sports for a few hours tops while bouncing about the room? xD

ZinGy said:
Your sig is ugly.

Zelda is Zelda, therefore the sig is sexier than yours. As for the game selection I would agree with the others on Zelda over Wario, and I wouldn't get a classic controller untill you actually need one.

BlightedArt said:
Get the Wii, and zelda if you can. Otherwise get Wario Ware like you wanted.

But make sure then when you open the Wii you get out Wii sports first. It'll not only help you with the Wii learning curve, but it'll show that you can be quite active too. Do you think you mum will be more appreciative if you play Zelda for endless hours sitting down, or Wii sports for a few hours tops while bouncing about the room? xD
lol, well.. alot of my friends have the wii.. and i play with them all the time (xD:lol: Sorry, read that over with a sick mind)
lol, so i have already got the feel for the wii.. maybe i will invite my buddy over for the weekend and get him to bring his wii so that my mom can see how much fun we have ;) :lol:
Any other idea's!?

hmmm i'm not too sure if anyone said this yet, but playing video games actually helps the brain out to a certain extent i think. I don't know too much details about it, but i'm pretty sure someone will chime in and give the details about it...

Back