Keep getting Wii Remote connection message

djroberts

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2007
Southern California
Wii Online Code
3065-1652-9879-4158
While playing Super Paper Mario one of my Wii Remote's keeps blinking the 4 LEDs and I get message saying the connection has been interrupted. It turns the control off after a minute then I can turn it on and continue. Happens every few minutes.

I replaced the rechargable batteries with alkaline and it fixed the problem. I've had a lot of issues with this recharge kit.

You will probably need to re-sync the Wii Remote. This can be done by pressing the red button under the Wii Remote battery latch and the other red button on the front of the Wii. Here's a picture:

wiiRemoteSynchStandard.gif

lol yeah you just needed new batteries. you can tell when the batteries are dying if it does that, or if the cursor starts jumping to everywhere aroung the screen by itself

only reason i knew that was because it was happening to me last night and i was like wtf

Came here and signed up specifically because I started having this problem. It began yesterday, but has become insanely frequent this afternoon.

Playing Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. I changed the batteries a few days ago because the old ones were registering red. Haven't had it very long, so the original batteries were still in. Put in Ray-O-Vac alkalines. A couple of days, no issues, then this happened yesterday. I opened the cover and re-seated the batteries, no difference. I put the old batteries back in and was fine.

It happened again today, and assuming that the old batteries were finally completely dead, I put the orginal replacements back. Worked fine, for a bit. An hour later, it started happening again. Taking the batteries out and putting them back seemed to fix it. But then again, and again, every few minutes, eventually every ten or twenty seconds. Took those batteries out, put in fresh, no difference.

I've also tried the sync button, it makes no difference.

This is extremely infuriating. The device is only a couple of months old, and I'm doing everything correctly. It should not be malfunctioning like this.

Help?

Came here and signed up specifically because I started having this problem. It began yesterday, but has become insanely frequent this afternoon.

Playing Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. I changed the batteries a few days ago because the old ones were registering red. Haven't had it very long, so the original batteries were still in. Put in Ray-O-Vac alkalines. A couple of days, no issues, then this happened yesterday. I opened the cover and re-seated the batteries, no difference. I put the old batteries back in and was fine.

It happened again today, and assuming that the old batteries were finally completely dead, I put the orginal replacements back. Worked fine, for a bit. An hour later, it started happening again. Taking the batteries out and putting them back seemed to fix it. But then again, and again, every few minutes, eventually every ten or twenty seconds. Took those batteries out, put in fresh, no difference.

I've also tried the sync button, it makes no difference.

This is extremely infuriating. The device is only a couple of months old, and I'm doing everything correctly. It should not be malfunctioning like this.

Help?

Do you have more than one remote? If so, does it happen to both or only to one? If batteries are not lasting as long as they should, then you will probably need to contact Nintendo customer support.

No, only one remote.

And it's not battery drainage--brand new batteries still have the same problem, yet when functioning, still show the correct battery level on the meter.

A new thought occurs--I was sitting in a different spot today. My laptop (WiFi) was between me and the Wii, though not so much in direct line-of-sight. Could that have been interfering that much?

Okay, I have tested more. The laptop had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, had gotten to the point where I was getting no response at all, not even for one button-press. Went and got new batteries (the others were brand new, but perhaps not up to the challenge), Energizer Max. They seemed to do nothing, as well.

Went to this page at Nintendo: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/wiiremote.jsp
and tried the un-sync and re-sync procedure there (wow, hold it for 15 seconds?!? I never would have thought to try that on my own), and I seem to be working again. So far, so good--I've played about half an hour and haven't had a problem so far.

Back