Keeping the GC controller ?

Ya, some ppl r bothered by the joy-stick that's on it but I don't really care so the more wireless the better:D

I know! Wut would I do?....besides play my DS:D It looks u have a 360 w/ Halo 2 and Oblivion(according to ur sig)r those not good?

phimuajedi69 said:
Thats a valid question, that has been batted around a bit but never explained.

On one hand the GC controller has all the buttons needed except select (which could easily be mapped to the Z button) on the other hand the VC controller is an attachment for the wiimote so the GC signal is potentially going in the wrong port.

It is fairly well known that SSBB is intended to be played using the GC ports so I don't see why VC can't be configured to also accept input from those ports if a Wii game can.

I don't have an answer, and it may be something that isn't known until you get a Wii and attempt to use the GC controller with the VC. Those are just my thoughts on the subject.

That's what I've been wondering and also concluded.

I think a few games will use the gamecube controller(SSBB), but most the wii-mote. SSBB is a 99% sure for using the classic controller to me, considering it might be odd for non-gamers to have to buy a GAMECUBE controller for a WII. They'd probably get all mixed up. Since the classic controller has a Wii logo on it, it seems right for the console (and its white clean-cut design).

I also think that MAYBE you can turn the Wii-mote sideways and play nes or snes games(the d pad sideways is the d pad...duh... and 1 and 2 side ways are like A and B).

Last edited:
yes, but what about us gamers?
we all would want to keep our old contrallers to save money and because the old controller is more comfortable.
The new one seems too sony like,:sick: and i hated my sony controller:mad:

Well if u read i0n's last statement; SSBB FAQ's and if u read up on any site that had to do w/ SSBB then u would know that we will be able to possibly use both. The classic controller is a higher possibility but it may put ppl off that it's like a PS controller, like Diomedes said.

Back