key boards for wii's

dougydan

boredem is not the virtue
May 1, 2007
lincoln, uk
Wii Online Code
8647-1126-9992-8482
hey i tried to plug my compute keyboard into the usb slots in the back because using you wii to type is very annoing and wstes batteries but my keyboard didnt work in the back can any1 tell me why or what i need thankyou :cornut:

The Wii's usb ports do not support any kind of imput device such as a keyboard or mouse yet. All they can do is power usb devices. It's been mentioned that the usb ports could be made usable with a keyboard in the future with an update.

Lol thanks... But since you havn't got many rep points yourself it doesn't make a difference to my Rep Points lol.... However, it's the thought that counts.
And I hope they make one soon

Last I heard there was a keyboard made for the Gamecube long back. I've heard that works..

dougydan said:
hey i tried to plug my compute keyboard into the usb slots in the back because using you wii to type is very annoing and wstes batteries but my keyboard didnt work in the back can any1 tell me why or what i need thankyou :cornut:

As of now you can't use a keyboard on the Wii, you will have to wait till they make a ''WiiBoard'' lol.

rep me if helpful.

i added to your rep like you said and i dont have many reps so can you rep me 2 :D

Yeah they did. Big mix up [The account not only had a similar name but he had my Avvy and Signature aswell]

would this work for the wii?
gckeyboard2in1.jpg

I doubt it. That'll go in spot where the gamecube controllers go. It'll probably be the same as plugging it into your gamecube. That means it might not work for the web & sending messages.

Yep, as mentioned above, none of the current PC keyboards will work with the Wii. There will be one which will be Wii specific coming soon enough. Although I have also read that some 3rd party hardware company is working on a pair of wireless headphones as well.

If this works anything like the PS2 did with mice/keyboards/steering wheels then it all comes down to the driver missing. Its possible for a game to have a driver that would work with a standard KB without native Wii support.
The very popular PS2 steering wheel from Logitech was actually a repackaged wheel they originally released for the PC. Since the drivers were the same it was possible to buy the old PC wheel and have it work with the games.

I believe Nintendo is dragging its feet when it comes to the online ability of the Wii. At minimum Wii sports should have had some type of global scoreboard to see how you fair against others.

I had a good idea the other night. You know how u have to point the wiimote while surfing the net, it might be a bit annoying to have to stop to type all the time with the new keyboard... i thought that maybe they should release like a cellphone keypad to use in ur left hand, where the nunchuk would usually be. Most people can type one handed with cellphones so i thought it was a pretty cool idea.

no, that's not good IMO. Because nothing will ever replace the ease of use of an actual keyboard when it comes to texting. Something you can get all 10 fingers involved in, rather than searching for keys with one or two fingers.

Byuakuya said:
Yep, as mentioned above, none of the current PC keyboards will work with the Wii. There will be one which will be Wii specific coming soon enough. Although I have also read that some 3rd party hardware company is working on a pair of wireless headphones as well.

Why would a company spend the time working on a wireless headphone? There are hundreds of wireless headphones on the market already. I've even seen a bunch with the "pass-through" rca plug. That's where it's like a T shape, and it plugs into the TV/Receiver, then the headphone transmitter plugs into the plug too. Some are even the "behind the head wrap" style.

Back