Kid Icarus

i dont have it, but iheard something about the passwords being different from the original version

I am going to download that one tommorrow since today I just couldn't get on the Wii shop channel

fakemxcan said:
i dont have it, but iheard something about the passwords being different from the original version

Oh that's dumb, there goes hypocritical Nintendo again. I could understand if it were non Nintendo game dissing the whole keeping it the same concept Nintendo says they have, but when Nintendo goes against their own ideas that's just annoying.

The passwords will be the same, Nintendo doesn't tweak in-game workings of the VC games. Using the passwords takes the fun out of playing Kid Icarus all over again...just like the Metroid infamous passwords

It still has a password system; however, the passwords themselves are different.

Passwords from the original NES game do not work; passwords from the VC game do work.

The mechanics of the password systems are the same. 24 characters and the character set it the same.

The in-game mechanics are unchanged from the original.

I'm sure someone will eventually post the new codes.

Jeez, why would you want to go right to the last level in a game you haven't played in years?

CrowTRobot said:

Jeez, why would you want to go right to the last level in a game you haven't played in years?

I don't get it either...silly me, I enjoy playing games...

CrowTRobot said:

You guys aren't getting the point here. It's the point of Nintendo promising to keep their game the same for the sake of nostalgia, but they're not even doing that. It just pisses me off that they allow things to change yet don't believe in online play.

En4Neo said:
You guys aren't getting the point here. It's the point of Nintendo promising to keep their game the same for the sake of nostalgia, but they're not even doing that. It just pisses me off that they allow things to change yet don't believe in online play.
Well why would you want to spend 5 dollars on a game and then cheat your way to the end with the passwords and never play it again? that's dumb, my friend, that's why they changed the passwords, duh!

En4Neo said:
The game, other than the passwords, is the same.

Has any other game had changes to it? No. It isn't even a change, really. If anything, it's like having the game brand new right out of the box. If you want the level codes, beat the damn levels.

You're freaking out over nothing.

En4Neo said:

I suppose if you wanted the game to be identical in every way, then you'd be disappointed that they recoded the password system.

Taking a more philosophical approach, you'll see that this step was necessary to put the game in the same "new" state as when it was first released.

If you download Mario 64 for the VC, are you pissed off that you can't start off with 120 stars, which you got on the original N64 cartridge? If not, why not?

This is the same situation with Kid Icarus. Nintendo is giving you the games as they were intended to be played: from beginning to end.

Nintendo had to do work in order to change the password system, so you can be sure that it was a considered decision.

I could see if they cut a bunch of levels out of a game, but the mechanics of Kid Icarus are identical to the original.

For me it actually recreates the original playing experience better this way. I'm going through the levels one by one and writing down passwords...just like I did 20 years ago...

Yes, that is exactly the reason..that is logical, people, this thread didn't even have to exist, but unfortunately there are lots of dumb, cheater people in the world

Axtlar said:
Well why would you want to spend 5 dollars on a game and then cheat your way to the end with the passwords and never play it again? that's dumb, my friend, that's why they changed the passwords, duh!

I wouldn't spend 5 dollars on a game just to cheat my way though, I'd spend 5 dollars on it to have everything I loved about it still in tact. Unfortunatley we aren't getting that, it just makes me mad they change things yet they don't care about adding things that actually matter such as online. Sorry if you're too dense to get what I'm talking about.

Also your what you're saying didn't make much sense. You just said yourself that there will be a new password system. You can still cheat your way through the game with the new password system just like you could with the old system, so I'm not seeing your point on that.

hiredgoonz said:
I suppose if you wanted the game to be identical in every way, then you'd be disappointed that they recoded the password system.

Taking a more philosophical approach, you'll see that this step was necessary to put the game in the same "new" state as when it was first released.

If you download Mario 64 for the VC, are you pissed off that you can't start off with 120 stars, which you got on the original N64 cartridge? If not, why not?

This is the same situation with Kid Icarus. Nintendo is giving you the games as they were intended to be played: from beginning to end.

Nintendo had to do work in order to change the password system, so you can be sure that it was a considered decision.

I could see if they cut a bunch of levels out of a game, but the mechanics of Kid Icarus are identical to the original.

For me it actually recreates the original playing experience better this way. I'm going through the levels one by one and writing down passwords...just like I did 20 years ago...

I'm not seeing why the password system even changed if people can still easily access the new passwords on some ranking site if they'd like. Also what loser would have remembered the passwords seeing as most people haven't played in years.

I'm not super mad about it if you think I am, just a little annoyed here.

Back