kiddies system??

Apparently the Gamecube only sold 2 million less than the Microsoft XBox!! Also, Nintendo made a healthy profit off of the gamecube. They weren't losing money on each console like Sony were. I think there is too much emphasis on "coming first in the console war"!! lol At the end of the day the winner is the company who makes the most profit and the amount of consoles a company sells isn't always a good indicator of this. Just my 2 cents! :thumbsup:

i rarely bother to post my opinions, but here i go lol

I agree with alot of what Dekar said, i am also worried about the FPS/RPG genres, with at least at the launch alot of the 3rd party games being half assed. Personally i think the 3rd parties would need to do what capcom is doing with resident evil, making a diff version for the wii which is more suited to it rather than just another simple port, but how many of the 3rd partys will bother doing this?

As for mature gaming, i can see what u mean; as i love gears of war for my 360 and i have to admit if that game didn't have graphics backing it up it wouldnt be half as good as it is, but it does so its all good lol :p. the wii really could use its own sort of mature gaming series and i think red steel is a good step in the right direction for this, i mean why should nintendo have to lack in this genre? i would really love to see some horror games too, just imagine the things they could come up with using the wiimote! and dont anyone chuck sadness at me as it is so far off lol

so in the end, i do hope the wii will be a big sucess and live up to the hype its created, as iv been with nintendo since just about the beginning. Also that they get more high quality 3rd party support, plus more FPS/RPGs.

have you heard about sadness? :p but yeah, i really hope the 3rd parties list their quality after the initial launch is over, maybe they just had to rush these games to get them out at launch? and yes i totally agree that capcom and ubisoft have the right idea, making seperate games for wii, more suited too it; as i dont think simple ports are going to work well for alot of the games now.. with the wii being so different. and hopefully the FPS/RPGs genre picks up alot more than it did with the GC..

To me Nintendo is the gnarliest enterprise out. Its obvious why people call N's kiddy systems. They have a complete cast of characters with a breadth almost as wide as the Simpsons cast. Its not like 'Nintendo' means one game like Final Fantasy or Halo, its something a lot more like Disney, or Looney Tunes. It's massive.

COLDshiver said:
Chicks dig you if you play Spyro, i'm serious. It's odd.

(since our local gamestop is the only one in like miles and is swamped daily with people trying the Wii).

yah man Spyro kicks ass! lol i like some games like that but i'm mostly into FPS's

they have the Wii to try at Gamestop!? *gasp* i didn't know that!

Squall7 said:
Ratchet and Clank

Was not a kiddie game at all. It was rated T as far as I know. It made the PS2 top ten (in 6th or 7th place) for a reason, and a very, VERY good one at that.

i think we can rest, assured that Nintendo definately has the 3rd party support this time to bring forth great Mature gaming titles. And of its launch titles, RedSteel is already looking like quite a gem for Mature audiences.
Basically the Wii has the ability to cater for all ages, and I think this time, unlike GCN, Nintendo is definately onto a winner here.

Kherrek508 said:
Was not a kiddie game at all. It was rated T as far as I know. It made the PS2 top ten (in 6th or 7th place) for a reason, and a very, VERY good one at that.
So was Jak and Dexter (a T rating that is). Starfox Adventures is a Teen. Metroid is a Teen. Zelda is a Teen. Some of the big names in Nintendo are Teen. So which is it, should Nintendo have the kiddie image - Which would mean that Ratchet and Clank is also "kiddie". Either that or Ratchet and Clank is a Teen and so are Nintendo.

I'm afraid you can't have it both ways. The difference is, is that I'm saying that a lot of third party games mean that Nintendo has some "mature" tites. I admit, Zelda has a few elements of "kiddie" style in it - especially due to Tingle (less so with Twighlight Princess). Fox has recently evolved to become less "cutesy". And Samus never was in the least bit "kiddie" or "Cutesy".

wolf231 said:
Hate to say it but far cry has to be the worst game ever and the graphics are really sh!t.

wuteva, the graphics that we have seen so far may not be the final build, have you seen videos of the gameplay? it looks amazing, almost better than red steel if you ask me

Im just gonna say the same thing i said on a previous post. The Wii nor any of the nintendo console's have ever been "kiddie" systems.Even clear back to the SNES, anyone remember DOOM? They are the father systems and without them, sony and microsofts systems would not be wut they are now. The D-pad, came from NES, the shoulder buttons came from SNES, the thumb-stick came from the N64, and now the wii revolutionizes the controller once again. The playstation and xbox are just another platform to play a game, they do nothing to make gaming actually better or change it.

siksol said:
Im just gonna say the same thing i said on a previous post. The Wii nor any of the nintendo console's have ever been "kiddie" systems.Even clear back to the SNES, anyone remember DOOM? They are the father systems and without them, sony and microsofts systems would not be wut they are now. The D-pad, came from NES, the shoulder buttons came from SNES, the thumb-stick came from the N64, and now the wii revolutionizes the controller once again. The playstation and xbox are just another platform to play a game, they do nothing to make gaming actually better or change it.

All of what you said are hard facts. Microsoft and Sony have copied Nintendo.

And WTF is this tilt controller nonsense. They didnt' have enough time to copy the entire controller from the Wii, so they added the next best thing. -.- god... I hate Sony.

Homesrfan said:
And WTF is this tilt controller nonsense. They didnt' have enough time to copy the entire controller from the Wii, so they added the next best thing. -.- god... I hate Sony.

---- amen ----

Back