kiddies system??

Imagine Sony when the "Wii" name was announced.
"Yes, we have to come up with something that rivals Nintendo's unique name. Something short, three letters, that totally encapulates the message that this gaming console delivers.... (9 hours later) I have it! The 'Meh'!"
And whilst they attempted to reverse engineer the controller to cash-in on the motion sensing craze, they surrendered the dual shock. Morons.

Santoanderson said:
"Yes, we have to come up with something that rivals Nintendo's unique name. Something short, three letters, that totally encapulates the message that this gaming console delivers.... (9 hours later) I have it! The 'Meh'!"
And whilst they attempted to reverse engineer the controller to cash-in on the motion sensing craze, they surrendered the dual shock. Morons.

What really cracks me up is that the wii's controller has rumble AND motion sensitivity! :ciappa:

Have I been indoctrinated by you guys? I bought the PS2 a few years ago and have enjoyed many of it's games, e.g. Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Silent Hill Series,etc. However, now I seem to dislike them. I'm not excited about the PS3 at all. I want to be, don't get me wrong.

I thought I was a bit of a graphics whore but I find myself so excited over the Wii. I can't stop thinking about it. I've even thinking the unthinkable - considering an xbox360 in the future. But passion for a PS3 . . . .Nope!!!

I think the nintendos diffrent! the playing style is so diffrent! I mean I 23 and I'd choose a wii above all of them! plus it's totaly diffrent! it reminds mme of back when the first nintendo came out!

the maker of killer 7 is looking into another innovative title for the wii. sounds promising, since killer 7 was freakin sweet.

Get a grip. Nintendo has been an up and down company with the great releases up until the gamecube. I own a gamecube and I concluded that it was a kiddy system. If you look at my line up of games, half of them are great but just the cute, bright colors get on my nerves. Also many of the games are rated E and T. Except for Resident Evil, there are hardly any M games. I DO think Nintendo is going in the right direction when it comes to opening up a new audience and style of playing with the Wii, but this time they need to have a mix of adult games and kid games. Other wise, my Grandpa and mom are never going to even look at the Wii.

I'd like to see someone come up with some real research rather then firing from their hips (not taking aim with their pistol).

Some figures as to how many games got each kind of ESRB rating for each console would help.

I beleive the hype is just all from kids themselves...

whats being hyped the most? PS3, with its "artsy and mature" commercials

what age groups always tend to want to be/pretend they are grown up? Kids

in that time of age, what makes things look "childish"? too much fun

what is too much fun? The Wii

who will be too mature enough to not go out and buy themselves fun multiplayer games that would suit everyone? the kids

what system will get you more friends that want to have fun as well? the wii

UkranianTractor said:
Have I been indoctrinated by you guys? I bought the PS2 a few years ago and have enjoyed many of it's games, e.g. Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Silent Hill Series,etc. However, now I seem to dislike them. I'm not excited about the PS3 at all. I want to be, don't get me wrong.

I thought I was a bit of a graphics whore but I find myself so excited over the Wii. I can't stop thinking about it. I've even thinking the unthinkable - considering an xbox360 in the future. But passion for a PS3 . . . .Nope!!!
Don't fret, I'm a guy who has PS2 and Dreamcast as well as my Nintendo console collection. I love some of the stuff that's on PS2, but I wish it had been at least ported over to the Gamecube, if not remade. Fact of the matter is, is that Playstation has a lot to offer, in terms of catalog - But too many of the really good titles are made by people whom could have made it for Nintendo, had they reconsidered.

In the end, I may pick up other consoles for specific games, but I'm a Nintendo fan at heart.

Also, I've disliked Sony (the whole company, not just the Playstation series) for quite a while. They seem to like playing with people's expectations and have recently been spiraling down the plughole when it comes to quality and the consumer. Tax dodging, dodgy laptop batteries, lack of FULL backwards compatibility on their PSX/2 titles. They're becoming a mere joke of late.

I do like Nintendo and I do like the Xbox 360. The Gcube was a failure in my eyes and the ps2 was fun. But what I don't like about Sony this round is how they are trying to take everyone down with them. They released the spreadsheet a few weeks ago that compared the top PS3 with the cheaper 360 and the Wii. Most of the info was false or stated in a way that made the PS3 look better. Know the game Army of Two (which does look pretty fun) has shown up and said Gears of War is not innovative and is dumb. Our game is very innovative and awesome. Which is not true Gears is an awesome game and Army of Two may be fun, but you can't just bash on games like that

yeah people can be proud of how much the wii is childish, but well be laughing as we're playing as those ps3 players will be getting brainwashed by the army/navy/marines own made video games to get them into the war......

Santoanderson said:

Sure the Pu doesn't sound better?

how bout the Nii! then they could use the Knights of Ni! as their spokes people

Nii!!!!!

source:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
(for all those who are thinking :wtf: )

Back