Kiddy Image For Wii

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Ok this really got me angry, I got this email from gamestop showing me this thing that is on their website (but dosent have the game list) and it shows..A Bunny, Rayman, and a truck, seriously, is gamestop trying to give the wii a kiddy image? Oh wow! A bunny! A weird cartoon guy, and whats that? A toy truck? Thats what it looks like compared to the ravid rabbit and rayman...This is ticking me off!
EDIT: It cut off half the picture, well trust me, its kiddy looking, sorry about this, please close.

Attachments

• wiimail_main.jpg
    wiimail_main.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 111
hay i got it too it doesint look that bad....even tho that rabbit looks like hes on crack

Still, it would be better if it showed link then say a japanese guy from Red Steel behind him then maybe the rabbit, but people arent gonna take time to look at the rabbit and see hes cracked out, they will just glance

Nintendo has a kiddy image
has had one for years

game cube has one and yet it has resi 4 one of the best games ever

I think people are mistaking "kiddie" for "Family". Say for example, Shrek is a family movie, whereas Power Rangers are a kids series/films. Besides, it only has a "kiddie" image with those that prefer shooting people up, running them over and blasting things. If that's really all you want, then they can stick with Doom and GTA. I think of Nintendo more as a wider range of titles (Heck, look at the different genres Mario has appeared in).

As for the advert, I agree, it does show the "kiddie" side of the Wii. I think they should do some research and come up with multiple pics, targeting more mature gamers with the likes of Resident Evil, the new Zelda and Disaster Day of Crisis (not to mention Red Steel).

It all harks back to the snes and mortol kombat
no blood
no fatealtys

it also inspired the Sega phrase
"Sega do what Nintendont"

Back