Killzone 2: Metacritic score so far-97

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
EDIT: Since i posted this its metacritic has gotten several more scores in and its gone down to 95 at 13 reviews. still outstanding.

For those of you who dont know what metacritic.com is its a site that takes all the major reviewers scores for games and it averages them.

So far Killzone 2 has recieved 4 Reviews:
Playstation Official Magazine (US)-100
Playstation Official Magazine (AUS)-100
MEGamers-99
Playstation Official Magazine (UK)-90

Not bad at all. Nothing i wasnt expecting to see though.

Link: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2#critics

Last edited:
At the top of my list. Cant wait for this, been playing the beta for a while now and i need MORE..lol

Depending on what my friend says of it, it may make me buy a PS3 later this year.

killzone 1 took a huge dump in my face, even though i bought it at a bargain bin a few years ago, i still wish i didnt spend those 19 dollars on that game

so, honestly, i dont care how awesome the game looks, im approaching it with caution, maybe wait for all major reviewers to review it, and try out the demo that comes out a day before the game. if all is good, i will set down my 60 dollars without a doubt

killzone 1 took a huge dump in my face, even though i bought it at a bargain bin a few years ago, i still wish i didnt spend those 19 dollars on that game

so, honestly, i dont care how awesome the game looks, im approaching it with caution, maybe wait for all major reviewers to review it, and try out the demo that comes out a day before the game. if all is good, i will set down my 60 dollars without a doubt

i loved killzone 1 personally. liberation i coulve done without though.

im also curious to know why the UK PS magazine gave it such a low score compared to US/AUS. ill look into it, if they mention anything worth while ill post it here.

really? im actually the other way around

i thought Lieration got the series respect from me

If it makes you feel any better, several other sources have already reviewed it (they just aren't on Metacritic's list of viable sources for whatever reason, but they are still good sources in general). Most of them scored from the 95-100% range and only one of them gave the game lower than a 90% rating (It was an 8.9, I think).

Nearly every source has said the gameplay is amazing, so don't worry about any Killzone 1 woes. Even Xbox Magazine UK have had many good things to say about this game, saying that Halo ODST has to make up for some big competition.

The game play is way beyond Killzone 1. Ive been playing the beta for like....2 months now and its smooth, very smooth. Not like 1 where it was a pain to switch back and forth btwn weapons. And the visuals alone are...:drool:
Between Killzone 1 and 2 there is comparison.

And not only that, the beta is in a multiplayer mode, which means the single-player visuals in the final build will be even better for that reason alone.

oh, i am fully aware that it has been getting good feedback, and i am sure that i will love the game and will likely buy it the first day.

but, I have not gotten my hands on the game, so i cant say wether i will like it or not, so, im saying, im coming into this game with my mind open for failier, so i dont feel like like someone has taken a dump on my face....again

It will drop, they always do, especially when 3 of the 4 reviews are PlayStation reviewers..

Playstation Official Magazine (US)-100
Playstation Official Magazine (AUS)-100
Playstation Official Magazine (UK)-90

Back