Kotaku: Horrible Kid's Choice Awards

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
Kotaku said:
On Sunday, March 29th, rock and roll hero and sometimes actor Jack Black returns to the Nickelodeon stage to host the 21st Annual Kids' Choice Awards, where the stupid children decide who wins the awards! Now I know there are some pretty smart children out there, but they are all busy playing games like Portal or BioShock (with their stupid parents proudly ignoring them in the other room), thus the nominees for the 2008 Favorite Video Game Award:

Dance Dance Revolution
Guitar Hero
High School Musical: Sing It!
Madden NFL '08

There's really not much I can say here. I mean, Guitar Hero is nice and all, but they just list Guitar Hero...not II or III. Same with Dance Dance Revolution. There are 20 bajillion versions of DDR out there. Pick one! Madden 08 just goes to show that they were running out of kid-friendly titles to nominate, and if High School Musical: Sing It! wins? I am driving over to my nephew's house and smacking him upside the head just for associating with people his own age.
Not much to say here except...I think the kids that choose the games on Nickelodeon were bribed in some way because...just look at the list.

Thought I would share this with you.

I laughed when they said Portal and Bioshock were bad.

Dance Dance Revolution is the only one I like out of that list, but I prefer the older games to the newer ones.

oh god

now i certainly agree that the government should put up more money for child education cause they need it!

...What is so deplorable about this list? Besides Madden being on it, ewww.
There are a lot of little ones out there who aren't all ~hXc~ about gaming yet. I appreciate that they've chosen music-related games.
I'm watching my 7 year old nephew play HSM: Sing It! right now. There's nothing sweeter than seeing him having so much singing the songs. I'd much rather him play that as opposed to killing zombies or something

Juuust my $0.02, y'all.

Back