LAN Adapter for Australia

Oceanic

The Cake is a Lie
Jan 4, 2007
Australia
Wii LAN ADAPTER NOW AVAILABLE
If you want to use the online features of your Wii console and you don't have a wireless access point such as a wireless router or Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, you can use the Wii LAN Adapter to connect to a wired access point such as a wired router or broadband modem.

To connect the Wii console online with a wired connection using the Wii LAN Adapter, you will need the following:

An active broadband internet connection, such as ADSL or Cable.
Either a broadband modem or wired router with an available ethernet port.
An ethernet cable.
The Wii LAN Adapter is only available directly from Nintendo Australia for $A39.95 inc GST, with no additional charge for postage within Australia. Please contact Nintendo Customer Service on (03) 9730 9822 Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST) for ordering information.

Please note that the Wii console is capable of a wireless connection without the need for any additional accessories. If you have a router, check to see if it is wireless or not (wireless routers usually have a visible antenna). For more information on setting up a wired or wireless connection, see pages 51-58 in the Wii Operations Manual Channels and Settings included with your system.

Source: www.nintendo.com.au

Well now you can get it from Nintendo Australia, which you havn't been able to do before. I dont know about region locking on LAN adapters, I wouldn't think they'd be able to do it on a cable. But if you want absolute guarantee that it will work and you are in Australia, it is now available. I didn't write that anyway, I took it straight from Nintendo Australia's site.

Last edited:
Yeah, they both are PAL, but everything is still region locked, UK games wont work on an Aussie console, unless the country is set to UK (I think). The same should go for accessories. Is the one from codejunkies the official Nintendo one?

from what i remember the articles telling us about the lan adapters link to codejunkies sites...

also some of the nintendo support links are to codejunkies...(from reading UK N site)

Back