Lan adapter issue?.. help

Aldoggy

WiiChat Member
Feb 27, 2007
so i got a lan adapter (not from nintendo) and have a dlink wired router... i am not able to connect.. any ideas?.. or anyone have same prob?

im getting that error message of the lan adapter not being hooked up properlly.. but it is.. tried both ports

If you aren't using the official nintendo one, then you sure the LAN adapter you have is even compatible with the wii??? I might just be no good with the wii

I Have The Same Problem With The Datel Lan Adapter!!!!!!!

I Had Mine Hooked Up To My Laptop And Was Going To Go Online Via
Internet Connection Sharing!!!

Ethernet Cord From Wii Lan Adapter To Back Of Laptop!!!

When I Make An Attempted To Connect, The "network Cable Is Unplugged" Bubble Does Not Go Away!!!

Do Not Have This Problem With Other Game Consoles!!!!

I Too Am Pi$$ed After Spending $30.00 On The D@mn Device

ERROR CODE: 51420

HEY i just bought a lan adaptor from nintendo and it doesnt work on my wii.
error code 51420:mad2:

vwkiller1412 said:

When I Make An Attempted To Connect, The "network Cable Is Unplugged" Bubble Does Not Go Away!!!

See if you can get a refund. I had to return my Datel WifiMax. I bought a Nintendo one and it worked fine. Datel products seem to be terrible.

I AM REALLY MAD!!:mad2: Ive tried 3 things to get internet access on my wii but none work. does anyone know what to use if i am using netzero internet? oh yeah, and i dont have any wired router or broadband modem. is there any way i can still use the lan adaptor?

Aldoggy said:
so i got a lan adapter (not from nintendo) and have a dlink wired router... i am not able to connect.. any ideas?.. or anyone have same prob?

You can't just use any damn lan adapter. These adapters DO require drivers, and Nintendo only has drivers for a certain brand of chipset.

Basically you are screwed because your stupid, and didn't do your research.

vwkiller1412 said:

This is because neither your laptop's ethernet port or the wii lan adapter can do auto MDX. You need a cross-over cable to make that work right.

Yeah, the datel lan adapter appears to be a piece of garbage. I got one and it utterly fails to work. Sniffing the connection reveals that it is ignoring every packet that it receives. When it requests an IP address via dhcp and receives one it just waits a second and then sends another request. Does this a few times and then appears to tell the Wii that it never received an address. When I assigned a static IP it sends an ARP packet requesting a route to the gateway and then ignores that as well. Resends a few ARP requests and then quits out on self test. I can't think of how such a totally worthless product could be sold.

Back