LAN for GC games on Wii?

CommanderBartz

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2006
I recently purchased a Wii and I'm curious if it's possible to have Mario Kart Double Dash on 2 Wii s on a LAN and are able to Preform the Gamecube LAN mode so you can play up to 8 people?

damn how stupid is that? Whats the piont of Free online if they wont make any games online or even in LAN???

this bugged me with the ds too- how hard can it be to allow multiplayer on gba games through the ds wifi? And how hard is it to set up the wii so that you can lan gamecube games?

BrandonMcAuslan said:
this bugged me with the ds too- how hard can it be to allow multiplayer on gba games through the ds wifi? And how hard is it to set up the wii so that you can lan gamecube games?

You would have to actually change the game itself.

Can you not dupe the system into thinking the wireless system is in fact a wired one? i.e. two ds's use a gba-connect feature. Then the ds gives the cartridge all the signals that there is a gba connection cable working - and actually uses the wifi to send recieve info?

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Can you not dupe the system into thinking the wireless system is in fact a wired one? i.e. two ds's use a gba-connect feature. Then the ds gives the cartridge all the signals that there is a gba connection cable working - and actually uses the wifi to send recieve info?

What would that do? There is no option in the games to connect over a LAN.

I mean for DS using GBA games multi-player....

Never owned a Gamecube so I presumed that you could already lan gamecubes. In light of not being told GCs were unable to lan then its obvious that the wii couldn't emulate a GC network - as one never fricken existed.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
I mean for DS using GBA games multi-player....

Never owned a Gamecube so I presumed that you could already lan gamecubes. In light of not being told GCs were unable to lan then its obvious that the wii couldn't emulate a GC network - as one never fricken existed.

Who cares about playing GBA games on a DS. This is the Wii forum. And you don't need to "emulate a GC network." You would just need the systems to be somehow connected, and one would act as a host server.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
zelda 4 swords would rock... also street fighter alpha series.

It cannot be done without changing the game. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. If there is no option in the game currently to connect with another device. Then there is nothing you can do about it short of you yourself remaking the game.

Back