Laser TV

That's hot. Definately gonna inform my dad, as he is planning to buy a Plasma late this year or early next year. Have to see how it performs.

Also to come next year is SED tv's (Surface-conduction Electron-emitter Display) made by Toshiba apparently with same quality as a laser tv

Sed2.gif

I think more people could go for the SED tv's since they dont use laser and the risk that a laser beam could fry you to crisp (possibly buy this tv for your enemies):lol: ...possibly a tv with built in laser microwave :lol:

Ronan said:
Will these tv's ever come into production though?

As with all products a protoype must be made before deciding if it should be produced in production im assuming that with Laser Tv's and SED Tv's that if they do go into production it will be more like early 2008. Imagine how many prototypes nintendo could have come up with until they finally decided the production of nintendo wii

Last edited:
DragonWii said:
I think more people could go for the SED tv's since they dont use laser and the risk that a laser beam could fry you to crisp (possibly buy this tv for your enemies):lol: ...possibly a tv with built in laser microwave :lol:

It doesn't use High-Powered Death Lasers.

From the sounds of that SED tv, I think most people would buy Laser TV, just for the name.

Not sure what it's called or maybe already mentioned, but i want one of those tvs that are made up of smaller tvs. It's screen is made up of very very tiny tvs (the big old fashioned tube kind, don't know what it's called maybe standard) and the detail level surpasses HD since it's like a bajillion very tiny tv screens to make a whole screen. Sounds really cool

COLDshiver said:
Not sure what it's called or maybe already mentioned, but i want one of those tvs that are made up of smaller tvs. It's screen is made up of very very tiny tvs (the big old fashioned tube kind, don't know what it's called maybe standard) and the detail level surpasses HD since it's like a bajillion very tiny tv screens to make a whole screen. Sounds really cool

That sounds interesting. you mean its made of many CRT cathode tubes, but ive never seen one of those myself. But if it contains lots of tiny tubes then surely it will be huge tv to occupy all these tubes. if you have a pic of it post it here if not ill seee if i can find one. i bet th eprice of that tv will be so damn expensive

@Flip sure people would go for Laser because of the name i just doubt that companies will release it if they know it scorches peoples eyes. Thje mitsubishi tv looks too good. i can imagine playing wii on like a 52 inch laser tv that would be cool. :cool:

Ah, found it: Called a SED (surface-conduction electron-emitter display)
Post #17 posted a pic of it.

Yeah, it's made of millions of mini CRTs to make a huge screen. And since they are bulky but have good color quality, making them tiny and putting them together makes it the perfect next gen TV. Here's a site that tells you how SEDs work. What's so cool about it is that it has the potential to surpass today's HDTV and get even better quality. It's still being developed though and i can't wait!

Ah right SED tv. I think the cost of a SED tv could make people go for Laser tv. The SED will have to have more than 6 million miniture CRT to surpass HD. But the question is which one would be above the rest Laser or SED. I think we will have to wait until 2007 for the answer.

Sam_Harris said:
WOOT the laser t.v was made with Aussie technology

Yep its called Arasor but partnership with novalux who claim with their technology we will be able to see 90 per cent of what the eye can see. Might mean you guys in Australia will see it before we do

I doubt it, it might be like the moon landing we got it a split second before you guys, it was sent to "the dish" and then to you Americans.

Well Since it might be eventualy mass produced by mitsubishi i have my bets that japan will be the first too see it as they usually do.

Back