LCD TV Plexiglass Cover

scoth

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
0675-0423-0522-4405
Was thinking of a way to protect the new TV from my 6 year old and his friends. I was at Home Depot and put this together. I need a better idea for brackets, those look terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 5,979
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 9,296
Yes Sir.

actually their are professional companies that make things like that (however they are kind of expensive and i dont know the names of any) but what my uncle did was use velcro. he then painted the outer rim of the plexiglass black to match the TV and unless you look at it from the side, you cant even tell it has a cover

heat bent plexi glass at the top maybe? so it curves round your tv?

just an idea suppose it aint bad to say its not on their permanently.

maybe paint the brackets darker, as i think it will make them stand out less.

also if possible, shorter brackets? so the cover stays closer to the tv itself, and be less noticeable i would think.

good luck in whatever though

miiplaywii said:
Are you gay?

That Is Not Needed.
Don't Flame Other Members.

Anyway...

Thats A Pretty Good Idea Considdering You Got A 6-Year-Old Playing... Try To Make The Brackets Closer To The TV Though.:thumbsup:

The way i would design it for your tv,

1st i would make it flush againt your tv but to give it protection i would use some of those little gel circles you get for example on a glass table they go between the actual table and the piece of glass. If you really dont know what i mean i will take a pic of one.

Now for hooking it onto your TV, I would do similar to what have you done but make the brackets the width of the black border going down the side of your tv, paint them black then bolt it to the glass with black nuts and bolts using a washer aswell so the order threaded onto the bolt would be washer,glass,bracket and knut.
But before screwing them all on screw one on to see if you have any excess screw sticking out, if so either use shorter bolts or measure and cut it down to give as much of a flush finish as possible.

But before this you need to create the actual bracket, I would make this out of say one piece of steal bent in a upside down U shape to the width of your tv. The to finish off line the inside with felt to protect your tv.

If your really clever you could bend the bracket in to make more of a clamp like a bulldog clip just to make sure its nice an tight.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmm - I would not bother even getting it to touch the screen at all.

Simply cut the plexiglass to the same size as the screen, drill two tiny holes in the top and then wire it with thin wire to two hooks in the ceiling. Adjust it so that the plexiglass hangs about an inch in front of the screen at the right height.

This would look a whole lot cleaner, plus you simply "unhook" from the ceiling hooks when it's not needed. Although the plexiglass would be floating in front of the screen it would protect the TV well from a fast incoming remote.

That's how I'd do it if I had to..........

Samster said:
Hmmmmmmmm - I would not bother even getting it to touch the screen at all.

Simply cut the plexiglass to the same size as the screen, drill two tiny holes in the top and then wire it with thin wire to two hooks in the ceiling. Adjust it so that the plexiglass hangs about an inch in front of the screen at the right height.

This would look a whole lot cleaner, plus you simply "unhook" from the ceiling hooks when it's not needed. Although the plexiglass would be floating in front of the screen it would protect the TV well from a fast incoming remote.

That's how I'd do it if I had to..........

I didnt mean actually touching the screen it would be flush against the frame of the tv. If you look at most plsma of lcd the screen is actually set back slightly to the actual frame!

Back