Leanring a 3rd language.

Darkonix

A.K.A. _-Fear-_-Me-_
Jan 1, 2007
Miami FL
Wii Online Code
2416-6513-0889-2126
Hello all,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows a 3rd language or wants to learn one.
If ya want, you can post what you want to learn.

As for me my 1st language is English, 2nd is spanish(Which isnt that good)
Atm, Im learning how to speak Japanese. One of the harder languages to learn I hear. So far I think im doing pretty good. What about you guys? :idea:

i speak Greek and English fluently, and can have a conversation in Italian, though its rusty now

My first language is Welsh and my second is English, in school I was learning French and German as well and it got rather confusing.

I find it pretty hard sometimes with my English, I usually think in Welsh so before I speak I have to translate what I'm going to say into English :/

I would like to learn some other languages though, I mean I love to travel, so it would be nice to learn a lot of the lingo.

I know enough in French to get around I think and maybe German, I'm not so sure, I never really payed much attention in that lesson, I almost got kicked off the course, got suspended and thrown out of the class quite a lot of the things I did in German.

1) Urdu(rusty because i forgot some of it when i moved to Canada) 2)English

learning French in school but i have no interest in it so i am like getting Ds/Fs and i want to learn Japaneses

The problem is the method.

Say you look at a car. Schools usually tell you Picture of car -> Car -> Carro

New research has shown that speed can be increased exponentially if learned

Picture of car --> Carro.

Don't get confused too. YOu can get the thing that DR. Mario mentioned.

Lol, I can't really explain it, I mean for every single day since I can remember I've spoken Welsh at some point..

Well now I'm not in a Welsh school anymore, I'm just in college, and like.. never speak Welsh anymore, so I guess I don't want to try and not think in Welsh not for it to go sort of thing..

Certain sentences just confuse the hell out of me though in English..

Everything in Welsh is backwards to what it is in English.. like:

English: Derek's garage
Welsh: Garage Derek

So I haven't just got to translate but.. put it in the right order lol :/

1. English (born here in England)

2. Turkish (Not quite fluent yet, but getting there)

3. French (learning at school)

i speak english but i'm learning german and french in school
je parle anglais mais je apprends allemande et francais dans l'ecole
ich spreche Englisch aber ich lerne deutsch und Französisch im den Schule

English and French are kinda both my first languages... my grand parents on one side couldnt speek english only french, and my grand parents on the other side are also first languare fench second english and i spend alot of time with my g-rents. I also attended french immersion school right from grade one. However my dad dosn't know a word of french so it has been english around the house my whole life haha. I know some spanish as well, mostly just what i have picked up from travelling and i find it VERY simmilar to french.

MysticGohan said:
1) Urdu(rusty because i forgot some of it when i moved to Canada) 2)English

learning French in school but i have no interest in it so i am like getting Ds/Fs and i want to learn Japaneses

Cool...you know Urdu...same here...but I prefer not to speak it...English is my first language! I'm learning spanish in school and i'm quite good at it..

French is very confusing to me. I tried a semester of it. I can't spell worth crap. Pronunciation is impossible. You need an "uh" in your voice.

I'm taking Spanish now. You can hear it and spell it or get the spelling and pronounce it perfectly. There are also a lot less accents to memorize.

true but if you are fluent in one of the languages and listen to the other, you can actewaly pick up what they are saying. I'm by no means a language expert so i dunno what it is about french and spanish (other than they are both latin derivatives) but when ever we go down to mexico i can communicate to the locals in french, they respond in spanish, and we seem to get the just of what eachother is saying.

And yes spelling sux... hahah but thats in both french and english for me

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usOg34kG-IA[/MEDIA]

About half way through they start talking welsh lol, little off topic I know but I couldn't find any other video with Welsh speaking :/

Back