Left 4 Dead Thread

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
this is daviduk200 and D1nners left 4 dead thread we are amazing :)
Use this thread for Both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, and all future left 4 deads. im speculating it might become a yearly thing, after all 1 and 2 release same month with a year apart

anyway come here to talk. make teams, brag, tell glitches.
and find out about all the current and future DLC

NEWS
Feb 5 2009 -- announcement of Survival pack DLC (no release date) info post #2
Feb 11 2009 -- survival pack to be free on pc and 360
Feb 24 2009 -- 1st Patch Released full details -{here}-
Mar 4 2009 -- survival pack Details and rough date -{here}-
Mar 6 2009 -- D1nner and Me had a dinner party, then he helped me move, house it was pointless but fun
Mar 9 2009 -- Video previews and update, survival mode has 16 maps instead of 12
Mar 12 2009 -- 2nd Patch Released on PC, no date for 360, details here -{here}-
Mar 23 2009 -- Survival pack release date confirmed. 21st April
Mar 26 2009 -- Melee fatigue to be added with 21st update
Apr 21 2009 -- survival mode released. with Melee Fatigue and 2 more versus campaigns
Apr 25 2009 -- Already Glitch's Found in Survival maps, leader boards officially ruined
Jun 01 2009 -- LEFT 4 DEAD 2 Announced November 17th 2009 release date
Aug 04 2009 -- New campaign coming in September, Called Crash Course (details below)
Sep 22 2009 -- 3rd patch released, fixed glitches and camp spots, plus new recharge timer on infected
Sep 29 2009 -- Crash Course finnally released at 800 points

Survival Pack
Death Toll and Dead Air available on versus (confirmed)
Survive on 12 maps as long as you can, in up to 4 player co-op, with leader boards
16 maps 1 NEW map (lighthouse)
Video previews Of. lighthouse X2, hospital elevator. subway Pillar room. -{Here}-
release date 21st april

Campaign Crash Course
will bridge the gap between No mercy and Death Toll.
Will take roughly 30 mins in versus (so much shorter in campaign) thats valves new approach at short and sweet versus modes instead of them lasting hours.
will cost 560 points (ended up costing 800)
only 2 maps in the campaign
released 29th september 2009

Left 4 dead 2 details.
4 Different Survivors
Melee Weapons (bat, Frying Pan, Chainsaw, Axe)
More campaigns, and survival mode.
marsh campaign
new Multi player modes.
New special Infected.
Charger - charges through survivors and pins the last one down and pounds them till they are rescued
Spitter - Spits acid
November 17th release date

Tips
Tips to playing as survivors ---> -{here}-
Tips to playing as Infected ---> -{here}-

Last edited:
rock onnnnnn

DLC update:

Valve has just issued a press release saying that a new game mode called "Survival" will be released this Spring along with Dead Air and Death Toll for Versus mode and the SDK.

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a series of content and development releases for its latest title, 2008's best-selling new game property for the PC and Xbox 360, Left 4 Dead (L4D).

The first L4D DLC - dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game is also heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

"Since Half-Life launched in 1998, Valve has made continuous efforts to expand the offering of its products beyond what's included on the day of launch," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "With Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and more recently Team Fortress 2, we've learned that we're no longer making stand-alone games but creating entertainment services. With Left 4 Dead we're extending that tradition by creating additional gameplay and releasing our internal tools to aspiring developers so they may also create and distribute new Left 4 Dead experiences."

Left 4 Dead is a survival action game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 25 industry awards from outlets around the world.

No details yet on Survival mode.

http://www.left4dead411.com/news/2009/02/new-game-mode/

Survival mode! Can't wait.

hello dinner :)

just wondering you got msn?

i know wiichatters obviously dont know a good game

i play it. im kinda waiting for the new DLC before i get back into it though. i was really hoping for a new campaign, but i guess ill take survival mode. it sounds interesting, its obviously going to be how long you can surivive with waves of common infected and player controlled boss zombies spawning but i wonder if they will just put you in a map and you can go wherever or if they will restrict you to a building or somthing along those lines.

well in the video announcement (no new footage so no point finding it again)
they stated two new campaigns for verses (obviously a play of words by them but most likely death toll and dead air, they wouldnt make versus only campaigns)
and survival mode which will be playable on 12 maps.

now i say why only 12? if its the already there mas that doesnt make sense which ones would they leave out?

so In my opinion, it withh be the 4 finales, and 8 NEWish maps, following styles from each campign 2 each campign, i think theses will be modded maps made suitable, likt no mercy im thinking it will be like defend the offices and some appartments modded to be optimum for survivor death toll maybe defend the church and some other place,
dead air defend a waiting room, and the car park
blood harvest, defend a barn, and a corn field. but i think they will all be modded.

or else im just beign stupid

Can't wait for the new DLC.

Though I play it on PC, not 360. So it's a bit different of an experience. lol. I think so.

I read up on the new DLC and it seems amazing. I especially can't wait for the SDK on PC. User created content is what makes Valve's games the best!

yeah im kinda devastated we dont get that on 360, i mean halo 3 s forge works decently enough, and FARCRY 2s map editor is Absalutly FANTASTIC id give farcry 8/10 if the game were just a map editor. i spent much much mroe time map editing than playing the game

I used to play this game. Got really boring after a while though.

yeah im kinda devastated we dont get that on 360, i mean halo 3 s forge works decently enough, and FARCRY 2s map editor is Absalutly FANTASTIC id give farcry 8/10 if the game were just a map editor. i spent much much mroe time map editing than playing the game

oh i agree but i think the reason behind that is they already have the source tools or whatever they are called all they have to do is make them public, but to make a console map editor would be like designing a whole new game. far too much time and energy to put into somthing that wasnt included on the disc at launch.

console gamers get screwed over again but we all knew this when we decided to play 360 over PC lol

Signing up to the GB L4D Arena I think, hopefully I shall rock.

I need to play with you guys!

Last edited:
Foo that **** ain't MLG, its just GB gangstah shiggles mo fizzle.

I'd sign up, but I'm too busy playing COD4 GB games to play L4D on it

me and d1nner have a left 4 dead team, check OP

Back