Left handed peeps

nintendo lover said:
There should be an option in the games like The Legend of Zelda the Twillight Princess or Red Steel in wich you can choose between right handed and left handed.
I dont really care because I am right handed.

hmmmf lol selfish :p

na it will be ok i althoguh dont think i do i actually adapt real quick lol

@OP: You can use both hands. You just switch it and put the Wiimote on your left and nunchuck on your right. Nothing so special.

MetroidZ said:
become right handed. its the best solution and natural.. well.. most pple are right handed..
come on now, you make it sound like its something simple. Its not, I'm a dog groomer and they tried to tell me that when I began training....just switch to your right hand. Believe me, it aint that easy.

I do think they should have considered this in game design. I'm sure it wouldn't of been to hard to program into the Wii hand preferences while playing games.

On a side note, I picked up a Gamepro Magazine today and was reading submitted complaints and there is a letter from a guy who is one armed and is alittle upset that Nintendo didn't consider this when designing the wiimote/numchuck combo. I agree with him, if Nintendo is going to make the statement that they designed the console to work with any body type they should have thought more about the controller/configuration designs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the Wii...infact as we get closer and closer to launch the less sleep I'm going to get because I can't get the console off my mind lol

Poseidon said:
On a side note, I picked up a Gamepro Magazine today and was reading submitted complaints and there is a letter from a guy who is one armed and is alittle upset that Nintendo didn't consider this when designing the wiimote/numchuck combo. I agree with him, if Nintendo is going to make the statement that they designed the console to work with any body type they should have thought more about the controller/configuration designs.

How would a one-armed man use any controller? Rather than bitching, he should contact Nintendo, and ask them about making him a specialty controller for one-armed people. That's like a neck-less person sueing a jewellers because they don't make necklaces for neck-less people. (Necklesses ? :lol:) Don't get me wrong, I wish everyone could enjoy the Wii. It's the way he's chosen to go about it. He wants sympathy from the general public.

Seriously, if any console is one-armed friendly, it's the Wii because some of it's games like Wario Ware only require the use of the wiimote. I can't believe he would complain considering pretty much all modern console controllers, other than a flight-game-style joystick, are designed to be held with two hands.

I think his point was he could manipulate any other controller on any other system because it was one single piece of hardware. I see his point, and I'm not saying that Nintendo should conform to his handicap but I do think if their R&D team had even considered various scenerio's they would have provided controller options. Maybe further down the road they will, who knows. The guy was thrilled with the games that only required the wiimote, he was just alittle upset that nintendo didn't offer another option to the nunchuck.

Last edited:
i think it was that every game has a left/right handed option (except games without sensor bar) :cornut:

Ive been somewhat interested in this too. I know in Zelda, motion sensor is not important for sword swinging, the A button is. Im just curious if there's a configuration to some of the games, like sports, to change stance. Im hoping there is such configuration, for I am anti-ambidextrious, or whatever you call it when you can do both left and right handed, but for different activeties (bat left handed, but shoot right handed)

this is the honest truth for the left hand thing

the wii is made for right handed people . us lefties will just have to get use to it. the wii nunchuck controller cannot go in ur simply NOT go in your right hand because it is curved to fit into ur left. also the sword fighting for zelda, link is normally left handed now he is right becuase of the wii mote.However oon the wii experince videos i found a video where a women is playing a sport game with her LEFT hand. i think without the nunchuck u can play with thewii mote in ur left hand.

The above^ post is not the honest truth. Sorry, but it's not.

Chattersby said:
the wii is made for right handed people . us lefties will just have to get use to it. the wii nunchuck controller cannot go in ur simply NOT go in your right hand because it is curved to fit into ur left. also the sword fighting for zelda, link is normally left handed now he is right becuase of the wii mote.However oon the wii experince videos i found a video where a women is playing a sport game with her LEFT hand. i think without the nunchuck u can play with thewii mote in ur left hand.
OMG, why is this conversation still going on? The wiimote is made for either right or left-handed use. Have you even looked at pictures of the wiimote and nunchuk? Neither is shaped or contoured for the left or the right hand, but shaped to fit in either hand well. Now, it may feel a bit awkward in games like Zelda where the character holds his weapon in his right hand, but regardless what hand you hold the wiimote/nunchuk in, when you swing right, he will swing right and when you swing left, he will swing left. Also, in first person shooters, the character generally holds his gun in his right hand, but there are some first person shooters (there must be) that feature left-handed characters and still, it doesn't make a difference.
Do you have any proof that the wiimote or nunchuk are shaped to the right or left hand?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back