Left-handed people are screwed?

Wiierd

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2007
I'm left handed and I find it difficult to use the pointer on the wiimote with my right hand.

I could use my left hand to control it but in games like Medal of Honor and Super Mario Galaxy, I need to use my left hand to control movement with the nunchuk. I have tryed using my right hand to control movement in Zelda:TP but it's even harder...

Is it just me or are all left-handed people permanently screwed?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT: the wii zapper would help in FPSs but not in SMG

Last edited:
Wiierd said:
I'm left handed and I find it difficult to use the pointer on the wiimote with my right hand.

I could use my left hand to control it but in games like Medal of Honor and Super Mario Galaxy, I need to use my left hand to control movement with the nunchuk. I have tryed using my right hand to control movement in Zelda:TP but it's even harder...

The wiimote and nunchuck are specifically made to be ambidextrous (both handed). Just get used to using then wiimote in your left hand and the nunchuck in the right.

For me, its even harder to try and use the nunchuk with my right hand than using the wiimote with my right hand. I would have to sacrifice aim or movement. Either way, i would be permanently handicapped compared to right handed people in games like Medal of Honor.

I'm thinking of Nintendo making a another remote with the pointer on the nunchuk rather than the wiimote for people who are left handed?

Or they could put the analog stick on the wiimote

Last edited:
yea in the bigs im screw because i could only throw fast balls and change ups -other pitches you have to move the wiimote and when i do it i just throw a meatball :(

I'm left handed and I hold my nunchuck in the left and pointer in the right.... It works fine for me, but I occasionally get a little sore in my right hand....

Um... Most control setups force you to use both hands. From the NES to present you had to use left for one side of the controller, and right for the other. The adjustment to the Wiimote shouldn't be that hard if you've been playing games for years.

It's the same learning curve as getting used to not looking at the buttons. You can't really call yourself left or right handed fully. Unless you are crippled on that side of the body it's not that hard to teach the other half to move, or I'd question how you'd even walk.

Wiierd said:

If you ask me this is the first system to not "screw" left handed people. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at every other system for forcing you to get used to using your dominant hand for movement.

How are you screwed anyway?

all the righties have to use their left non-dominant hand to control analog movement, so why cant you just reverse and use your right non-dominant hand for analog movement.

I just don't see how your complaint makes any bit of sense (unless your arguing being a lefty is just all around more difficult for any coordination)

EDIT: it seems that you clearly have experience using normal controllers forcing you to use your left hand for analog movement. So get over it... the controls are as neutral as any controller is going to be.

Last edited:
I'm left handed and have no preoblem playing the games I have.

wanna hear something worse, its been said that left handed people die 8 years earlier then right handed people

I'm right handed and I can play with the wiimote and nunchuk in any hand... It's designed for being ambidextrous, and some games I even swap if it's easier...

Frogger said:
I'm right handed and I can play with the wiimote and nunchuk in any hand... It's designed for being ambidextrous, and some games I even swap if it's easier...

Yeah same with me.
Its all a matter of getting used to it.

its not hard to at all it wasnt hard at all adapting to using an analog stickfor my GCN from using the d-pad on my GBC and GBA. and I like the DS lite as the D-pad feels more softer and not stiff. Im guessing the same thing applies to the wii-mote and nunchuck seeing as I dont have a wii at all =(

Wiierd said:
Use your left hand then. The pointer is more "spacially specific anyway (meaning your aimer has more information to send than the nunchuck does).

Sounds like it's a case of you've got used to being forced to use your left hand for navigation. Try putting it in your right hand. The weaker hand should have the nunchuck.

EDIT: the wii zapper would help in FPSs but not in SMG
Nah, just do what I've said, and you should be well away. It's your prior achievements of playing computer games in the "right handed way" that's screwing you up.

Back