Left Handed!

WuZeMu

I HAVE A WII!
Dec 17, 2006
Southampton
I just read a online manual in PDF for Tp and it says that your ment to old the main wiimote with your right hand. does that mean you cant use your left hand at all for some wierdo reason? i need a pee :(

Just switch them around so that you're holding the wiimote in your left hand and nunchuk in your right.

thanks for the info that you need to pee lmao. but yeah..
im guessing your a lefty? HEY! me too.. [thats if u are...] lol. but whenever.. i get my wii im just gonna hold the wiimote in my left hand!

Even if you do hold it in your left hand, Link will still be right handed. I don't think there is a way to change this.

So...if you're left handed, that means our right is your left? Is this why Europeans drive on the left side of the road? Oh....dude, I'm sorry. Is there any way doctors can fix that? Maybe operate and switch up your hands?

Mr_Stoukaph said:
Even if you do hold it in your left hand, Link will still be right handed. I don't think there is a way to change this.
Which is odd, since they did make a left handed version for the Gamecube. I wonder why they didn't include an option to decide?

Yeah thats weird how they don't allow you to change it. The gamecube version is completely opposite as Link is left handed in it. It's weird, played it at my brothers house on his cube and the Desert was to the West, Kakariko was Far East lol. Was really weird.

Yeah, GC version is completely mirrored to the Wii version, from the locations of regions, to the layout of dungeons, all the way down to the hand Link uses to hold his wii...err...sword.

I still have yet to find out...why? Some bizarre difference in coding or an actual conscious decision?

vi3tmix said:
Yeah, GC version is completely mirrored to the Wii version, from the locations of regions, to the layout of dungeons, all the way down to the hand Link uses to hold his wii...err...sword.

I still have yet to find out...why? Some bizarre difference in coding or an actual conscious decision?

Reason why. It's called paying attention to details. Link is pre-dominantly left handed. They just made the Wii version as right-handed because they realized that more people are right handed than they are left handed. Thus would swing their sword with their right hand. That being so they changed the layout of the world to keep up on details.

It would have been nice for them to provide an option on the Wii but they didn't. I consider that the only games real fault.

In a link to the past link holds the sword with his left hand EXCEPT when he's facing a certain way in certain areas. They say he switches hands when facing that direction because of a Superstition. I just think that Nintendo is brilliant in keeping minor details intact like that. They really define their characters.

Would it really matter to have Link hold his sword in the left hand but still ask users with the wiimote to hold it in their right? Or at least why's it required to completely mirror the entire world just because he suddenly switched hand dominance?

Act as if the universe revolved around around him. It's called the Legend of Zelda =P.

vi3tmix said:
Would it really matter to have Link hold his sword in the left hand but still ask users with the wiimote to hold it in their right? Or at least why's it required to completely mirror the entire world just because he suddenly switched hand dominance?

Act as if the universe revolved around around him. It's called the Legend of Zelda =P.

No its not necessary but they are paying attention to detail at least :]

Back